General Meeting Statement

If he has a 7 year rolling contract I'd suggest he is very much a threat.

Does your 'threat' equate to the same as King's 'threat'? You really think Ashley is a 'threat' to the existence or future of our Club? On a scale of 1 to 100 I wouldn't even put him at 1.

Why don't the board simply answer Ashley's questions regards the NOMAD & de-listing & save the club the EGM costs?

I can honestly say that is one of the most ridiculous comments I've seen on here in a long time. King should answer Ashley's questions about disappearing NOMADs and King stands guilty of wasting money on EGMs? Have you been asleep for a few months? Or just blinkered?

I can honestly say that is one of the most ridiculous comments I've seen on here in a long time. King should answer Ashley's questions about disappearing NOMADs and King stands guilty of wasting money on EGMs? Have you been asleep for a few months? Or just blinkered?

They are valid questions, why shouldn't they answer a major shareholder without the need for an EGM?

And you wonder why...........?? If you know what he meant, just move on eh?

You're pretty good at taking swipes yourself.

Look at the questions I and RAB have posed and see if you can answer them instead of just resorting to your own particular brand of sarcasm.

King said that Ashley's threat measured in one to one hundred didn't amount to one.

Doesn't look like it does it?

If the retail contract lasts for seven years and Ashley has given us an interest free loan which has an indeterminate due date, how much money is he losing by not lending money at today's rate of interest? It's nice to be nice so if Ashley wants his money released from an ironclad contract then perhaps he could be persuaded to look an another ironclad contract, the Rangers Retail contract, and re-negotiate a mutually agreeable contract withthe club.

There is no danger to the club, as far as badge rights etc. are concerned, as long as the loan is eventually paid.

While Ashley had control of the club via Easedale, L & L, et al he probably thought he was safe with the no interest loan as that was his modus operandi with Newcastle. Some guys when they stick their noses into plans can really screw things up, eh?

They are valid questions, why shouldn't they answer a major shareholder without the need for an EGM?

Sometimes strategy is necessary to be able to give transparency.

"He will win who knows when to fight and when not to fight" - Sun Tzu, The Art of War.

I think you mean disadvantageous, Greg; but can you explain why paying back the loan does not release the securities? The retail deal is another matter, I don't see why he would renogiate that even if the loan was repaid, what would be the incentive for him to do that? And as I said I don't understand the need for these resolutions, surely the directors are so empowered by virtue of their office?

I think you mean renegotiate and not 'renogiate'... Actually nevermind, that's needless pedantry and something that a dislikeable individual would partake in :seal:

Never said paying back the loan wouldn't release the securities.

Both resolutions are PR - but giving MA his cash back won't get us to a position that will see us earn appropriate income from our retail deal.