25 players who stole a wage from Rangers

Surprised at some of those and the omission of Flo. People went on about the pressure to justify his fee but for us he wasn't worth even a tenth of it. It was strange to see him come on for the MK Dons in a game a few years ago and it seems he stole a wage from them also - didn't get into the game at all and missed the viatal penalty in a shoot out that blew their promotion.

We've had far worse strikers than Flo, who, I would assume, did not get much more than the other high-earners at his day and age at the club. Perhaps one can whip up another thread about insane transfer fees?

In November 2000, Flo was sold to Scottish Premier League team Rangers, in a record £12 million deal, making Flo the most expensive Norwegian player ever, the most expensive SPL player ever and Rangers' most expensive player ever.[2][3][4]

Much was expected of Flo,[5] and he started off well by scoring on his début in a 5–1 victory over Rangers' arch rivals Celtic,[6] and hit 18 goals in 30 SPL games. His second season at Rangers was considered his best in Scotland, scoring 22 goals in 42 games, including the opening goal in the 2002 League Cup final win over Ayr United.[7]

(wikipedia)

As a comparison, Mo Johnston scored 31 in 76 appearances, Hateley 88 in 165, compared to 40 in 72 (29 in 53 league games) by Flo.

As a rule, I generally have no axe to grind with people playing for Rangers. I leave that vogue or sport to others.

The only ones who are exempt from that rule are Bluenoses AND former Rangers youths like Pressley who join the Hooped Huns.

I loved Sebo to be honest. His work rate was good and he always gave 100%. Just a pity he wasn't a very good footballer.:D

i always got the feeling that if he had managed to get a couple of quick goals under his belt when he arrived he could have been a star for us.

Where to start? You could probably have 25 of Eck's signings alone. I would definitely from the last 10 years or so add Gavin Rae, Fetai, Mladenovic, Djordjic, Fanfan, Nieto, Maniero, Ashikodi, Letizi, Sebo, Gow, McCulloch (first name on my list), Faye, Lafferty, Edu, Foster, Kerkar, Healy, Cribari, Faure, Argyriou, Stella, Templeton, Daly, Peralta, Smith, Moshni, Law, Boyd, Miller, Mbabu, Streete, Ferguson and Bigirimana.

PS - Nerlinger still scored some goals and setup Arveladze's goal v Copenhagen to get us in the CL. He just had bad injuries, there's a lot worse than him.

I would have had Jig at number 1 on my list too. 8 years of abject torture with a handful of good games amongst his 200+ poor ones. The only one of your list I would take issue with is Edu who I thought was a good player, and anyone who scores an OF winner in injury time cannot be on the wage thief list by definition!

Take a look at the amount of garbage the author of this 25 man list writes - http://whatculture.com/author/jamie-kennedy

He predominantly covers WWE wrestling and almost every single article is "10 best" this, "10 worst" that or "10 most" something.

I wondered why his list looked like a load of pish and I've found the answer.... He writes a load of pish.

Edited by Zappa
typo

Take a look at the amount of garbage the author of this 25 man list writes - http://whatculture.com/author/jamie-kennedy

He predominantly covers WWE wrestling and almost every single article is "10 best" this, "10 worst" that or "10 most" something.

I wondered why his list looked like a load of pish and I've found the answer.... He writes a load of pish.

I didn't get past the

21 Rare Trish Stratus Photos You Need To See.:D

Oh I didn't realise it was him. There's been a couple of comical articles posted on RM recently. He thinks we should be signing Rickie Lambert.