Summer 2015 - Transfers and Rumours Thread

Some snippets from FF

Alan Stubbs on SSN said no bids or enquiries for Scott Allan

@ScotlandSky 7m7 minutes ago

Alan Stubbs says @ScottAllan_ will stay at @HibsOfficial and will be back in pre-season training tomorrow.

As posted in certain Hivs twitter news feeds .... From somebody in the know .....Allan has already decided Gers are his only destination.

We should remember that the transfer window closes on August 31st.

From the Sun website . . .

ALAN STUBBS insists Scott Allan is going nowhere amid interest from Celtic and Rangers.

SunSport told you earlier this week that the Scottish champions are mulling over a £500k swoop for the Hibs midfielder.

And new Gers boss Mark Warburton is also tracking Allan as his Ibrox rebuild continues.

Stubbs has hit back at claims the influential playmaker could be set to leave the club.

He said: "Scott Allan is a Hibs player and I don't see any reason why that should change. Scott has one year left on his contract and we as a club are comfortable with the situation.

"The one thing we are thinking about is the club itself and the most important thing is that we try and put a team together that's going to be fighting for promotion.

"When you do that you have to have your best players and Scott falls into that bracket.

"So the club's needs will always come first. We can't stop teams from putting bids in but we are not welcoming them at all because Scotty is an important member of the squad.

"There are no bids that I know of."

Meanwhile, Liam Fontaine has signed a new two-year deal to stay at Easter Road.

The 29-year-old centre-back is now targeting another Premiership push after seeing his side miss out in the play-offs.

He said: "I really enjoyed last season and now the aim is to add to the progress that we made and go one step further by getting up to the Premiership.

"The manager has made some good signings so far this summer and I can't wait for the new season to start.

"I enjoy playing for the club and working with the manager - this was an easy decision for me to make and I'm glad it's now all sorted out."

One player who is leaving Easter Road is striker Franck Dja Djedje, who hit three goals in 15 appearances after joining Hibs in January.

... well, it wouldn't surprise me if any Celtic bid will be considerably lower than on from us. After all, they get along rather well, at least on board room level. You'd hope that Allan has enough Blue blood in his veins to say No to them, should they indeed come calling.

Alvechurch FC ‏@Alvechurch1st 7h7 hours ago

Immensely proud of 'Church junior Jordan Gibson who moves to Scotland tomorrow to start his pro deal at Rangers FC.

PROMISING footballer Jordan Gibson has spoken of his determination to make his mark at Glasgow Rangers after leaving Bromsgrove Sporting to seal his ‘dream’ move.

The 17-year-old is set to make the switch from the Victoria Ground to the 51,082-capacity Ibrox Stadium this weekend as he embarks on a career in professional football.

Having suffered setbacks at West Bromwich Albion, Stoke City and Wolverhampton Wanderers, a full-time contract did not look like going the Bartley Green youngster’s way.

But Gibson refused to give up on his dream and when he was offered the opportunity to impressive coaches at Rangers, he told The Standard he was determined to give it his all.

“It’s a bit of a dream, but I have always believed,” he said. “I was released by West Brom, and then went to Stoke, but had to leave because of transport issues.

“But those experiences have helped to motivate me.

“People were saying last year ‘what are you going to do after school?’ And I didn’t know. So when I got the call from Rangers I knew I had to make the most of it.

“I was a bit nervous at first, but after a few days everything felt normal. I trained with the first team some days, got to know people and played in two games which went well.

“My dad said to me ‘we are expecting a call in half an hour, so I am going to come to yours and we’ll wait for the call’.

“He came and said he had received a call about an hour ago and my mouth just dropped and then he said ‘you’re in’.

“I got up and just ran around the whole street. It was mad.”

Gibson, who joined Sporting last year, admitted the club’s u18s manager, Trevor Carter, had played a big role in helping to propel his career.

“He knew what I wanted to achieve and he knew the scout was watching me, so he played me every week even though the team was mostly second years,” Gibson said.

Rangers, who reached the UEFA Cup final in 2008, missed out on a return to the Scottish Premier League last season after losing to Motherwell in the play-off showdown.

But Gibson believed this could work in his favour as he bids to break into the first team under recently appointed manager Mark Warburton.

“If they had gone up I would have had less opportunities as more money would have gone into the first team, so hopefully this year we will go up when I have made a name for myself,” he added.

“I will be playing for the u20s regularly and just get a call up whenever. But the new manager is meant to be all about giving youth a chance, so hopefully I can breakthrough by Christmas.”

Gibson played in a variety of positions at Bromsgrove, but academy boss Andy Parr believed he would make an ‘excellent’ attacking midfielder.

“He has got a bit of class about him and has got a good footballing brain, so I think he has got all the attributes to make a career in professional football and do very well,” he said.

“To have someone come through really quickly has been really good for us and I am confident he will progress at Rangers.”

http://bromsgrovestandard.co.uk/sport/teenager-gibson-makes-dream-move-to-rangers-10572/

Edited by ian1964

Right that's me back from self imposed depressive exile, praise W&W.

So, a good friend had Paul Murray at his Edinburgh restaurant tonight, he confirmed we are currently negotiating with Scott Allan.

Same friend who confirmed a few years ago that Charlie Adam asked for brown sauce with his pan roasted sea bass so you can take it as gospel..