New management team: Mark Warburton and David Weir

Warburton will be falling over decent offers. If he's taking our approach seriously it would suggest that King has been able to convince him that there's a coherent, long-term strategy for the club in place. I'm still a bit sceptical that Warburton/Weir will actually come but I'd be pretty happy if they do.

Good quote from Warbuton in the BBC article saying that it was an informal meeting to see how personalities will fit together. A good sign, rather than just picking a manager based on reputation and without thinking about how he will fit into the heirarchy of the club.

Having a man like Weir involved can only be a good thing too.

Warburton's stockbroker/trading background really shines through in the interview. I said before that he doesn't quite excite me, but I appreciate he probably has the right skills to do a good job with his background, both his business career and football career. He appears to be a grounded, realistic and an intelligent man. He's growing on me.

IMO the important point here is Warburton at least seems to have contacts in the game which would allow him to source players.

No idea if McCall has contacts but McCoist certainly didn't seem to have judging by him flying half way round the world and coming back with Peralta

mccoist signed kevin kyle

he didn't have a fucking clue what he was doing.

For the record and without going into too much detail, I know a current Brentford player, who Warburton signed last summer.

He has been massively impressed by Warburton, and this is from a guy who has played all over England in Premiership and Championship.

Warburton has intelligence - which we have been lacking in the dugout for years. He also commands huge respect from his playing staff.

I think it may happen and hope it does.

For the record and without going into too much detail, I know a current Brentford player, who Warburton signed last summer.

He has been massively impressed by Warburton, and this is from a guy who has played all over England in Premiership and Championship.

Warburton has intelligence - which we have been lacking in the dugout for years. He also commands huge respect from his playing staff.

I think it may happen and hope it does.

That is an important factor that has also been lacking for years, no more buddy buddy acts between the management and players as this looked way too cosy for too long. I think its a good thing that Weir went away to learn the coaching trade, he'll still know a handful of players left at the club but that shouldnt be an issue with the professionalism he's shown throughout his career.

That is an important factor that has also been lacking for years, no more buddy buddy acts between the management and players as this looked way too cosy for too long. I think its a good thing that Weir went away to learn the coaching trade, he'll still know a handful of players left at the club but that shouldnt be an issue with the professionalism he's shown throughout his career.

From what I'm told, the players wanted to play for Warburton. And I mean, genuinely wanted to play for him. 'Firm, but fair' is how he is described. An ' ideas man' who wants to play 'football'.

Hope we don't miss out on him.

I wasn't sure about Weir as a coach previously but I have heard very good things about him this season which have encouraged me. They seem like a very, very good combination and sound like exactly what we need right now.

Edited by MoodyBlue