New management team: Mark Warburton and David Weir

If McLeish is a serious contender then I will immediately lose any respect for our board. I would sooner buy a Mike Ashley Rangers top than go back to Ibrox to watch another McLeish Rangers team. McLeish is just the archetype Scottish dinosaur. Plays awful football, players out of position, poor tactically, terrible at identifying players. He should just stick to coaching because he seems to sometimes do ok inititally with someone else's players. After that though it's just brutal and some of our fans must have amnesia to want him back. By the end it was just miserable being a Rangers fan with him as manager. If he was signing Maniero, Mladenovic and Ostenstad with the huge resources he had at his disposal (we were cost cutting but we were still spending a fortune in relation to Scottish football) then god knows what he would sign now.

Pete said if he was made manager he wouldn't be back, perhaps joking, but I definitely would not be back until he left. He is the antithesis of what we need, just like the succession of dinosaurs we have had ever since Advocaat (apart from PLG).

Warburton is the only one I would take from the runners and riders list. Advocaat would have been but now he has done his U turn to go back to Sunderland.

Cathro - I don't know much about him but he hasn't been a No.1 before which means he would need someone experienced along side him. Interesting choice but would still prefer Warburton.

McInnes - The best of a bad bunch but Id rather we didn't. He didn't do well down south and that is really where you can be judged. The standard in the SPL isn't even average so to take a Aberdeen side to 2nd, who should financially be better off than St Johnstone and Co, isn't a mass success.

McCall - Proved the job was too big for him IMO. Obviously didn't get a chance to play with his own squad but I didn't see much improvement from a McCoist team and decisions was similar to Ally. Agreed with other comments, if he didn't star for us in the 90s then we wouldn't even be looking at him.

McLeish - not sure where this idea has come from all of a sudden. I like Big Eck as a pundit and he was a superb defender but he was the master of playing players out of position and finished 3rd in a 2 team league.

Davies - Maybe 3 years ago I would have thought he could have been decent but now he seems to do more damage than good. Do I think he would lead Rangers back to the top of the game and into the CL? - No not IMO.

Warburton and Weir on a 5 year deal all day long for me.

McCall, McCoist and McLeish are all cut from the same cloth, Scottish football dinosaurs, hugely influenced by the grandaddy of them all, Walter Smith. Though Walter was successful at least domestically, even if I couldn't stand watching us under him in the second stint.

Sons Of Struth have something on their facebook about some foreign manager who was interested, by doesn't now fancy the Scottish Championship league > Any guesses?

Surprise announcement yesterday that Advocaat is deciding to stay at Sunderland, any connection?

Edited by aweebluesoandso

Sons Of Struth have something on their facebook about some foreign manager who was interested, by doesn't now fancy the Scottish Championship league > Any guesses?

Surprise announcement yesterday that Advocaat is deciding to stay at Sunderland, any connection?

All you need to do is read the Advocaat story above to answer that. Dick doesn't get out of bed for what we could offer him. We could probably not even cover his travelling expenses. He states he need 6 players. I don't think we will have any trouble with having to fight Dick for any Freebies that are on the go unless they are top players who are just out of contract. Even then we couldn't afford their wages. So I think we will be fishing in a different market.

Didn't you win three in a row the last time Walter was there?

This next guy better be some manager

It is not only about winning but the standard and type of football that is played.

Isn't that the guy who may now be about to be sacked for speaking to us? See #120

If McLeish is a serious contender then I will immediately lose any respect for our board. I would sooner buy a Mike Ashley Rangers top than go back to Ibrox to watch another McLeish Rangers team. McLeish is just the archetype Scottish dinosaur. Plays awful football, players out of position, poor tactically, terrible at identifying players. He should just stick to coaching because he seems to sometimes do ok inititally with someone else's players. After that though it's just brutal and some of our fans must have amnesia to want him back. By the end it was just miserable being a Rangers fan with him as manager. If he was signing Maniero, Mladenovic and Ostenstad with the huge resources he had at his disposal (we were cost cutting but we were still spending a fortune in relation to Scottish football) then god knows what he would sign now.

Pete said if he was made manager he wouldn't be back, perhaps joking, but I definitely would not be back until he left. He is the antithesis of what we need, just like the succession of dinosaurs we have had ever since Advocaat (apart from PLG).

The article said he had not been contacted...tends to suggest he is not a candidate, serious or otherwise.