New management team: Mark Warburton and David Weir

David Weir was a Hearts man turned Everton man turned Rangers man made defenders around him into Supermen.

I don't know why that qualifies him for a top job at Ibrox. I really don't. What's his record on retirement that compares to McCall?

Matched his failure at Sheffield United?

mccall is not good enough. Its as simple as that.

His appointment would have a negative effect on the whole club and put any idea of creating a better footballing infrastructure/ outlook in its grave. Don't think i could handle anymore years of the same failures/behaviours.

Report: Rangers 'hold talks' over appointing highly-rated Ian Cathro as manager

Rangers have reportedly held talks with Valencia coach Ian Cathro over becoming their new manager.

According to The Sun, Rangers have held talks with Valencia coach Ian Cathro this week over becoming the new manager at Ibrox.

Rangers lost 6-1 on aggregate to Motherwell in the Scottish Premiership play-off final last month, meaning they must now spend at least one more season in the Scottish Championship.

Manager Stuart McCall could now lose his job - despite only arriving in March. The 50-year-old was only handed a contract until the end of the season, with Rangers hoping he would win them promotion through the play-offs.

Having failed, McCall now faces the possibility of being replaced, with a host of managers now linked with the job - and The Sun believe talks have already been held with Valencia coach Cathro over becoming the new manager at Ibrox this summer.

Cathro, 28, has a remarkable back story which has seen him rise as a coach at such a young age, and is now assisting Portuguese manager Nuno at Valencia having worked together previously at Rio Ave.

Cathro is only young but will no doubt fancy managing on his own at some stage - and Rangers want that to be immediately having allegedly opened negotiations with Cathro this week.

Given Cathro's youth in terms of coaching, some may see this move as a shock but the former Dundee United coach has such a growing reputation that Rangers may think they can land their manager for now and the future by hiring Cathro.

But will he entering the Gersnet Prediction League? That's the real question.

Experience doesn't necessarily translate into skills. A manager with the experience and the skills we require is not available for being far too expensive, and they will generally play a type of old-school football that is awful to watch a la Walter, McLeish, McCall etc. We need a younger coach with a modern, progressive philosophy. I'd rather have a man with the skills to do the job in a progressive way, rather than an old-school manager with the experience. I believe Warburton and Cathro have the skills, although Cathro less than Warburton; either would be a good appointment. Can we get both? (Too far...?)

I'm not sure of Vitor Pereira simply because his track record consists of going to clubs that have a chance of winning leagues with money to spend, so I'm not sure how that is anything like our current situation.

Okay sorreeee.

To be honest my memory has a 5 minute expiry date.:D

It was Clément I got mixed up with. He went on to play for PSG and St Étienne so he probably was better than he let see with us.

Edited by pete

Well, each to his own, but methinks people start trying to convince themselves that McCall isn't the man for the job rather than believing it wholeheartedly.

personally believe wholeheartedly he is not the man for the job or even in the realms of the calibre required.

Was unsure around qots drubbing then positive by the time the falkirk game came round.