New management team: Mark Warburton and David Weir

Rumours ... There used to be rumours that Lennon was going to bring back the thunder to Parkhead and he was going to win the treble. Last time that lot won a treble was under O'Neill in 2001.

Rumours ...

Have to say that although I don't know a massive amount about him, I'm not totally sure about Warburton due to the fact that he's never managed a big Club. The English Championship is a higher standard of league than any we have in Scotland though, so at least he has experience of that, albeit limited to just one season's worth of experience.

At the end of the day any new manager is going to be a gamble, so we're just going to have to get right behind the new guy and the team he builds no matter whether it's Warburton or someone else.

Just read Warburton's entry in Wikipedia, and he doesn't have a long record in management nor an illustrious playing career. One interesting fact is that he played under Jock Wallace for a short time at Leicester and did not like his training methods. Running up sand dunes until you are sick did not appeal and he stated he would never treat his players like that. That's a plus in my book as I never thought much of Ranger's playing style under Wallace.

Not sure this is based on anything other than assumption, ie because we are likely to announce season tickets tomorrow, we need to offer something to entice the support. Not implausible, but we've had Murray say at narsa (rumoured to have, at least), that we are interviewing this week. So unless things have moved on quickly, I think we might be getting ahead of ourselves.

the bookies aren't often wrong though.