New management team: Mark Warburton and David Weir

Interesting thread...

For me, all this talk I've heard around the people I know personally has been centered around '' old ideas '' and '' new ideas '' Some want the old guard to return. The drink together and win together mentality. Whilst others want a fresh faced manager to come in and take Scottish football by storm...

Old or New, I personally believe we're at a stage where we need the right ideas.

We've a behemoth of a training complex sitting in the shape of Murray park yet our teams since its inception has always looked upon a dead ball as something of a mystery. Our fitness levels have been suspect at times and last but not least, we often play like 11 strangers...These symptoms can be remedied by quite simply having someone in charge who takes their football seriously. We've a godlfish bowl mentality up here and I don't think it helps much.

We need to get in line with how the English teams train their players with the dieting and professional athleticism mindset. This should be a minimum at a club such as ours.

Our new manager needs to install an entirely new spine to the team..

For me the keeper has to go, I'm still wincing from Bells '' punch '' against Motherwell.

This will need something else we've had lacking of late.. a scouting network.

It doesn't have to be complex and expensive and wide stretching but at the same time it doesn't have to evolve around the managers contacts on his mobile.

Whoever the new manager is, he'll need the basics in place first...failure to put the fundamentals in place first is only setting him up for a fall. and if he falls, we fall as I don't believe we can go much longer without Champions league money.

I personally believe it's time for Rangers to ask it's players and staff to step up to the Crest and push back up to where we belong.

Warburton looks like the man getting in, but without the right backing, it may as well be Danny Kelly.

selling our best player mid-season for £300k doesn't help either

I sincerely hope Stu gets the job because he has the right to take it on, not like all the other men mentioned.

Why I want this you may ask? Stu lifted the dynamics of Rangers, we got a glimpse of his power in a very short time. Okay he didn't take us up.

Stu McCall would certainly be the best option for Rangers FC to move forward, if it's Cathro then fine if it's Warburton and Weir, fine, if it's Tom Dick & Harry get tae ....

Stu McCall is the man for me, can't you see it?

I fail to comprehend this "right".

anyone else heard its Mccall to be announced on monday, as the others refused to accept the unquantified budgets?

just a rumour for now so don't go to mental seemingly some guy on ff whos family work for sfa! not on there so cant say anything about the poster

anyone else heard its Mccall to be announced on monday, as the others refused to accept the unquantified budgets?

just a rumour for now so don't go to mental seemingly some guy on ff whos family work for sfa! not on there so cant say anything about the poster

I haven't seen that on FF, but this one made me smile= first four words are what forums are made for/of (not to say it is untrue...):

"Friends daughter's boyfriend's brother (I know) is a youth coach at Brentford. Story from him is his ex manager is going to Glasgow on Monday. Also saying he was offered a coaching role to go with him but is staying put as Brentford made him a better offer.

Not the most reliable source by any manner of means but would fit with the working away already scenario."

Edited by SteveC

I haven't seen that on FF, but this one made me smile= first four words are what forums are made for/of (not to say it is untrue...):

"Friends daughter's boyfriend's brother (I know) is a youth coach at Brentford. Story from him is his ex manager is going to Glasgow on Monday. Also saying he was offered a coaching role to go with him but is staying put as Brentford made him a better offer.

Not the most reliable source by any manner of means but would fit with the working away already scenario."

Like your one far better! Lets go with it.

Being serious it should be Warburton with king down south and McCall not looking the happiest I have ever seen him hopefully things are pointing that way.

I think it probably is looking that way, trublusince1982, objectively speaking - but I have an inbuilt avoidance of optimism where we are concerned now. It'll probably take me many years to recover and not to always expect bad news.

Edited by SteveC

Jeez have we come to that! How we have fallen if it's back to a McCall fallback position.

Supposedly down to McCall and Warburton now. A bit like choosing between a BMW and a NIssan Micra.