New management team: Mark Warburton and David Weir

BTW On the training meme, I'm not sure if Ally was training the players to an optimal level or doing something badly wrong, but ironically most of his critics on here would have us vastly over-training the players causing excess-fatigue and injuries.

"Fitness and freshness", "fatigue", "form" (or "condition"), "periodisation" and "tapering" are the things you need to know about in modern training, and also pertinently, "rest" and "recovery".

There is an article about a Dutchman's view (Raymond Verheijen) of football training here (although I know it's the BBC) that might be interesting and informative:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/9239342.stm

Edited by calscot

He probably did if he was coaching them.:)

Does a handicap go up to 1 and down to a hundred.

Or down to 1 and up to a hundred.

It depends on what way you look at it. I would increase my handicap by going up to 1. Any golfers in the tent.:D

I always wanted to get my handicap "down"... I can see there's other ways of looking at it. I always found "fuel consumption" difficult to talk about in that way so now I just say "better" or "worse".

Warburton and Weir are interesting enough and seem to have a lot of support but will they capture the imagination of a support that is losing more and more faith in the club with every passing day.

I don't know enough about the former to comment myself but I'd be surprised if Weir wasn't the kind of candidate that would be useful in the background.

All in all, it's not just the primary managerial appointment that we need to get right but the whole operation. There's no quick fix but surely we must see some movement over the next few days.

BTW On the training meme, I'm not sure if Ally was training the players to an optimal level or doing something badly wrong, but ironically most of his critics on here would have us vastly over-training the players causing excess-fatigue and injuries.

"Fitness and freshness", "fatigue", "form" (or "condition"), "periodisation" and "tapering" are the things you need to know about in modern training, and also pertinently, "rest" and "recovery".

There is an article about a Dutchman's view (Raymond Verheijen) of football training here (although I know it's the BBC) that might be interesting and informative:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/9239342.stm

Yes I would say McCoist was getting everything spot on with regard to player fitness. As could be seen by their terrific performances each week.

So far all I've read is newspaper speculation, is there anything official coming from the club?

If we are looking for a new manager why has McCall not been released from his duties?

Paper talk is simply that - paper talk. I'll believe it all when the club announce their intentions, not when multi media folk clamour for the best story.

Warburton and Weir are interesting enough and seem to have a lot of support but will they capture the imagination of a support that is losing more and more faith in the club with every passing day.

I don't know enough about the former to comment myself but I'd be surprised if Weir wasn't the kind of candidate that would be useful in the background.

All in all, it's not just the primary managerial appointment that we need to get right but the whole operation. There's no quick fix but surely we must see some movement over the next few days.

I think they will - but realistically it will be down to who they bring in and the style of football they play

Yes I would say McCoist was getting everything spot on with regard to player fitness. As could be seen by their terrific performances each week.

Bit of a weird reply as usual, you do always seem to struggle badly with understanding what is actually being said, but I understand how you can't resist even the most tenuous reason to have a go at McCoist.

Yes, the results were much, much better after your perceived "massive improvement" in fitness under McCall... Oh wait...

Bit of a weird reply as usual, you do always seem to struggle badly with understanding what is actually being said, but I understand how you can't resist even the most tenuous reason to have a go at McCoist.

Yes, the results were much, much better after your perceived "massive improvement" in fitness under McCall... Oh wait...

Ally McCoist was a great manager. I am entitled to my opinion.

Lets not continually derail threads with tit-for-tat shall we ?

The thread title is "New manager" so unless we believe that McCoist will be the next manager of Rangers I would suggest that we keep the thread on track with discussion on the NEXT Rangers manager, not previous incumbents.