New management team: Mark Warburton and David Weir

Your online translation friend will reveal that this says Pereira may be sacked for talking to us. They see it as "violating the club's code of loyalty". They are suggesting he may be a free agent, imminently.

http://relvado.sapo.pt/mercado/rumores/vitor-pereira-pode-ser-despedido-mesmo-sendo-campeao-507681

If so, it may indicate that the Greeks are somehow unhappy with him. You never know with those chaps ... perhaps Pereira wanted a better wage as he won the Double for them?

I'm not in favour of the same-old Scottish manager; it may have worked in the past when we had the resources and infrastructure, but the football was still awful. The options above are very much cut from the same cloth. Warburton doesn't excite me because he doesn't really have a record but I'm warming to him as I think he may have the necessary skills to completely rebuild our infrastructure. Cathro would excite me because he's got a modern football philosophy but he's inexperienced and would probably need someone experienced beside him (which I'd be in favour of as I think the DoF route is the way forward); then again, experience is not really necessary if you've got the skills, look at Mourinho.

I think we need to be pragmatic at this juncture. We need to rebuild. Warburton would seem to possess the skills to do that. Perhaps Cathro could be an option for the future once we have an infrastructure and a better base from which he can implement his philosophy?

I'm not in favour of the same-old Scottish manager; it may have worked in the past when we had the resources and infrastructure, but the football was still awful. The options above are very much cut from the same cloth. Warburton doesn't excite me because he doesn't really have a record but I'm warming to him as I think he may have the necessary skills to completely rebuild our infrastructure. Cathro would excite me because he's got a modern football philosophy but he's inexperienced and would probably need someone experienced beside him (which I'd be in favour of as I think the DoF route is the way forward); then again, experience is not really necessary if you've got the skills, look at Mourinho.

I think we need to be pragmatic at this juncture. We need to rebuild. Warburton would seem to possess the skills to do that. Perhaps Cathro could be an option for the future once we have an infrastructure and a better base from which he can implement his philosophy?

I keep hearing about Cathro.... but I heard a story about how he changes his story dependent on the situation.

When at Utd as a youth team coach if his team was winning he would champion "it's all about the results" yet as soon as the results flipped he kept banging on about "development is the key to success". Have heard he does seem to know what he is doing, at least at youth level..... however, have also heard he is a bellend (not that this is necessarily a bad thing).

However, one thing we need to remember about Cathro too is his age. This is a guy who never made it pro (on its own this doesn't matter) and is also only 28 yrs old..... there could very well be an issue of gaining the respect of the players, rightly or wrongly, due to those factors. He is currently #2 to a more experienced ex-international who played at a very high level.... it is easier to be the number 2 than to be the main man.

Another issue is whether or not he is experienced enough to oversee the complete footballing infrastructure overhaul that is needed. I don't think he is.

I'm not saying Cathro wouldn't be a good choice (how can I when I don't really know him) but the time may be 5 yrs too early for him.

I keep hearing about Cathro.... but I heard a story about how he changes his story dependent on the situation.

When at Utd as a youth team coach if his team was winning he would champion "it's all about the results" yet as soon as the results flipped he kept banging on about "development is the key to success". Have heard he does seem to know what he is doing, at least at youth level..... however, have also heard he is a bellend (not that this is necessarily a bad thing).

However, one thing we need to remember about Cathro too is his age. This is a guy who never made it pro (on its own this doesn't matter) and is also only 28 yrs old..... there could very well be an issue of gaining the respect of the players, rightly or wrongly, due to those factors. He is currently #2 to a more experienced ex-international who played at a very high level.... it is easier to be the number 2 than to be the main man.

Another issue is whether or not he is experienced enough to oversee the complete footballing infrastructure overhaul that is needed. I don't think he is.

I'm not saying Cathro wouldn't be a good choice (how can I when I don't really know him) but the time may be 5 yrs too early for him.

Agree that its too early for Cathro. If he progresses and maintains his reputation, then perhaps at some point in the future. But until he's demonstrated a track record as a manager in his own right, I wouldn't be keen.

I think Cathro would be a risky appointment as manager but as a head coach beneath a more recognisable DoF, then it becomes more imaginative and something for fans to buy into.

I'm getting the impression that none of the linked guys are going to get the job and the name may be somewhat of a surprise.

Cathro is assistant manager at Valencia, I think in the future he will be unobtainable, if not already. Though you never know, he might bomb and end up managing Dundee United!

I don't see any problem with any of those points, aside from lacking experience. And his lack of experience concerns me because me because we always seem to get the wrong personnel at the club.

If we miss out on Warburton it will be a real shame. There is huge intelligence in that man.

As I mentioned the other night - I know a current Brentofrd player very well and Warburton signed him last summer. The player moved there largely becuase of Warburton. And the player - although largely used coming off the bench - was not disappointed one bit with Warbuton's input, intelliegence, methodology and overall football philosophy. This player is coming to the end of his career now and has played for a number of English Premier League and Championship clubs but says he wishes he had worked with Warburton for much longer.

Warburton certainly ticks more boxes than most IMO. His contacts in the game down south are one of the main reasons I'd like to see him & Davie Weir get the job.

If they got the job I'd imagine we'd have a number of EPL loan signings who'd be a vast improvement on the SPL dross we've been watching these past few years. We'd stroll the Championship with them & would be ready to mount a challenge to the yahoos with these better calibre players when we went up.