New management team: Mark Warburton and David Weir

Warburton certainly ticks more boxes than most IMO. His contacts in the game down south are one of the main reasons I'd like to see him & Davie Weir get the job.

If they got the job I'd imagine we'd have a number of EPL loan signings who'd be a vast improvement on the SPL dross we've been watching these past few years. We'd stroll the Championship with them & would be ready to mount a challenge to the yahoos with these better calibre players when we went up.

This is the way I see it mate as well mate.

The more I think about it, the more he becomes a very, very good fit for exactly what we are needing right now and in the coming few years.

From the Record.

Ex Brentford Keeper on Warburton

FORMER Brentford keeper Richard Lee persuaded Duncan Bannatyne to front him £150,000 for baseball caps when he appeared on Dragons’ Den.

And the former England Under-21 starlet will raise his hat to Rangers if they appoint Mark Warburton because they will have a boss to transform their club and challenge Celtic within two seasons.

Lee has worked with Warburton for more than a decade, first at Watford when the Ibrox target started as a youth coach after 
quitting his job as a city trader to follow his passion for football.

The 32-year-old rates him even higher than former Hornets bosses Brendan Rodgers and Malky Mackay and insists Warburton’s background in the cut throat world of finance, working with HSBC, has given him all the skills he needs to survive at the highest level.

Lee has offered an insight into the modern methods of Warburton, which almost paid off when he led the Bees to the brink of the Premier League last season, only to lose to Middlesbrough in the play-offs.

It was a remarkable campaign for the club, who had won promotion 12 months earlier and been tipped for a return to the third tier.

Lee said: “We massively over-achieved last season given the fact our wage bill was one of the smallest in the Championship.

TMSRichard Lee has played for Mark Warburton for a decade and can't rate him highly enoughRichard Lee has played for Mark Warburton for a decade and can't rate him highly enough

“There is a misconception only ex-players are capable of managing footballers and inspiring them.

“The bottom line is Mark had a harder job in the city, a more difficult environment than football, dealing with silly money on a daily basis.

“He was trading in seven-figure sums every 24 hours, working with a bigger team than a football squad, with people who were earning more money and had bigger egos.

“He has taken his business acumen and built it into football.

“I’m not quite sure he was The Wolf of Wall Street but the lessons and disciplines learned as a trader stood him in good stead as his 
attention to detail is amazing. Mark arrived at the Brentford training ground every morning at 5.30am, three hours before everyone else, and his planning was meticulous.

“The growth of Brentford these last two years has been tremendous. As players, we were used to turning up at 10am and heading straight out to training.

“Now? The first hour is spent giving blood and urine samples and answering questionnaires to ensure we’re living right and our energy levels are optimised.

“Our gym has grown to three times its size and we’ve even added a Pilates studio.

Action ImagesMark Warburton with BrentfordMark Warburton with Brentford

“The football we’ve played in the last two years has been superb.

“I’ve never been asked to kick it long once. He prefers to build an attacking style from the back and the fans loved it. They sang his name constantly in our last two games of the season. They’re devastated he has gone.

“Mark favours a 4-3-3, which drops to a 4-5-1 when we’re asked to defend. He’s keen on lines of passes, triangles all over the pitch, shots from distance, crosses from wingers and getting players into pockets where they can spread it wide.

“In one game against Blackpool we had 47 shots alone.

“Mark is massively into analysis. We were favourites for relegation yet he provided us with stats at the beginning of the season to prove we’d be in the top six.

“He is all about development, picking up hungry young players and helping them improve.

“I’ve been fortunate enough to work with Brendan and Malky at Watford. Mark is on a par, if not better, than both.”

Lee, who retired injured at the end of the season after a brief loan spell at Fulham, still kicks himself for missing a trip to the trading floor at HSBC that Warburton organised for some players and backroom staff last year.

But he doesn’t need business tips after he persuaded Bannatyne to invest six figures in his Dr Cap business, which continues to thrive, along with his coffee retail start-up Organo Gold.

Duncan Bannatyne with his fellow investors on Dragon's DenDuncan Bannatyne with his fellow investors on Dragon's Den

He said: “Duncan offered £150,000 for a stake in Dr Cap but the investment fell through after the Dragons’ Den show. It didn’t happen but the business is still alive and kicking.”

The fact Warburton is doing likewise in the fevered 
environment of football after years in the financial markets convinces Lee his former gaffer would have no issues handling Glasgow’s goldfish bowl.

He added: “You see so many managers crumble but not Mark. He realises it’s football, just a game. Rangers are a big step up from Brentford but they would be the perfect match.

“Rangers are a massive club and it’s a shame what has happened to them in recent years but they’ll soon be on the verge of greatness again if Mark gets the job.

“It would be easy to throw silly money at big-name players but that would only take the club back to the place from which they have only recently emerged.

“Mark’s work is focused on working with hungry young players, building a system from the bottom up throughout the club that develops quality at youth level with a modern approach and a structured training regime.

“Within a couple of years, he would get Rangers back to the 
top of the Premiership.”

Edited by MoodyBlue

“The growth of Brentford these last two years has been tremendous. As players, we were used to turning up at 10am and heading straight out to training.

“Now? The first hour is spent giving blood and urine samples and answering questionnaires to ensure we’re living right and our energy levels are optimised.

Good job Boyd was released if we get Warburton.

The Nando's party wouldn't be impressed with this.

Edited by Gribz

It will be a massive opportunity missed in my humble opinion , this guy can shake the living daylights out of our tired club and reinvigorate the support if he gets a chance , unfortunately the longer this goes on the worse I feel

The more I read about Warburton the more impressed I become. He appears to have the skills. Get him signed Dave!

I am not sure what is changing your mind or making you like him more but I am afraid it will take more than a few people bumming him up in the media to convince me. All the bumming up does not give him a better record or more experience. I personally would prefer someone that has a good track record and been successful at doing a rebuilding job Someone like Henk ten Kate who is sitting at home. He is known to be a good tactician and has managed Ajax and Barcelona(ass,) He will know how their youth systems are built up. Warburton Just doesn't tick many boxes for me. After Whyte and all the stock market thieves we have had I am also not sure I want another stock market person at our club.

I am not sure what is changing your mind or making you like him more but I am afraid it will take more than a few people bumming him up in the media to convince me. All the bumming up does not give him a better record or more experience. I personally would prefer someone that has a good track record and been successful at doing a rebuilding job Someone like Henk ten Kate who is sitting at home. He is known to be a good tactician and has managed Ajax and Barcelona(ass,) He will know how their youth systems are built up. Warburton Just doesn't tick many boxes for me. After Whyte and all the stock market thieves we have had I am also not sure I want another stock market person at our club.

He's being realistic. We aren't going be getting in a former Barca, Chelsea and Ajax coach who was earning millions per year.

I never said he had a good record or lots of experience, in fact I've been openly critical of both his experience and his managerial record. What I did say was he appears to have the skills we require. I want someone that can do the job. He seems to run a tight ship, brings in youth, develops players, plays a 4-3-3 (according to a former player--who better as a witness?), plays 'triangles' in possession and builds from the back, likes lots of shots on target and crosses, and his financial past suggests he can deal with the pressure. He's not quite a 'star' name, but, to me, he appears to have the skills that we require, and most importantly, he looks like a credible target.

I'm still more excited by Ian Cathro, but, on reflection, I'm not sure he has the skills.

I'm not taking a swipe, but I'm not sure what Henk Ten Cate brings to the table? Good tactician he may be, but he's been working with the best teams, and I'm not sure he knows how to rebuild a club as such. Moreover, HTC doesn't actually have the record you advocate, because he has only managed Ajax and Panathanaikos at the top level (the rest being assistant jobs). He is a bit of a drifter recently, so perhaps he could be a target. I would certainly trust him to get the team playing well, but I'm not sure about rebuilding the clubs infrastructure.