New management team: Mark Warburton and David Weir

Doesn't make any sense to me. If he didn't fancy the job (understandably) after our failure to go up, he still won't fancy the job next week if he loses his current job. Are we to believe that no other club would approach this guy after winning a domestic double in a tough league and not having any compensation to pay?

@bbckennymac @RangersFC Vitor Pereira is now 5/4 fav with Sky Bet

Oh I'd be very wary of the wily old 'turf accountants' on that one. 5/4 is far from a 'shoe in' with those fly gits. If they thought Pereira was a genuine 'shoe in' he would be 4/7 at very best. 5/4 looks like the old bookies offer for those easily parted from their money - "hey guys we've shortened the odds, which means we must know something. Roll up. Roll up."

It's a no thanks from me Mr Sky Bet.

Edited by Anchorman

Doesn't make any sense to me. If he didn't fancy the job (understandably) after our failure to go up, he still won't fancy the job next week if he loses his current job. Are we to believe that no other club would approach this guy after winning a domestic double in a tough league and not having any compensation to pay?

I hate common sense :P

Pereira would be the type of appointment better suited if we were in the top division and competing in Europe.

Next season the manager has two main aims:-

1) promotion. 2) win the SC to get into the EL

I stand by my belief that Warburton would be a better apointment to achieve these

Pereira would be the type of appointment better suited if we were in the top division and competing in Europe.

Next season the manager has two main aims:-

1) promotion. 2) win the SC to get into the EL

I stand by my belief that Warburton would be a better apointment to achieve these

There is absolutely zero chance that the remit of any new manager will be to win the Scottish Cup. No chance whatsoever. There will be no short team goals other than promotion. He will be asked to get promotion with a team capable of hitting the ground running next season, with the addition of one or two more quality players.

Edited by Anchorman

I still think it won't be a new manager for a number of reasons...time will tell of course.

My reason for posting this is because of the No 1 reason (and I won't go into the others)

Our board of directors have a lot more to deal with off the field than on it, they will be wary of 'big' mistakes like any board of directors make when it comes to 'filling the coffers'.

The manager is a problem only if he's useless, given that McCall isn't useless then that side of things can take care of themselves.

So how do you get the fans interested and buying ST's next season? It's very simple: Bring in new players of quality and ambition play them, win games, win trophies and Bob's your uncle.

If the board boot McCall and bring in someone else then the same gamble applies...I don't think our board would make such a gamble in this moment of time. I could be very wrong I should add.