New management team: Mark Warburton and David Weir

If Warburton wasn't the first choice....Who was??? and why didn't we get our 1st choice???

Also, what other options did Warburton have, that made him settle for us???

The usual suspects stirring things, Speirs, English and Jackson. Does anyone really care about first choice etc.

The usual suspects stirring things, Speirs, English and Jackson. Does anyone really care about first choice etc.

They will all be in panic mode as they know this guy will take Rangers back. I felt with the way things were going if we got promoted we would need a settling in period and struggle in the top flight for a year. I now think we will win the Championship this season comfortably and ready to be top 2 the season after.

Out of all the supposed candidates I think Warburton interested me most. Yes, he's a risk (who isn't) but in terms of our position, I doubt there would have been many more better candidates out there.

Let's hope for a great three years (and more) under him. He has a big job ahead of him!

If Warburton wasn't the first choice....Who was??? and why didn't we get our 1st choice???

Periera and because he would only come were we promoted s my guess - though the same papers trot out that "losing to Motherwell put paid to McCall". We can't have had a first choice (who didn't come for that reason) AND guaranteed the job to McCall if he beat Motherwell imho. So, self contradictory nonsense in the rhetard

Edited by SteveC

I think it was probably Pereira, but failure to win promotion scuppered that. It's all academic now anyway. He will be judged on what happens from here on in.