New management team: Mark Warburton and David Weir

It hasn't taken long. . .

keith jackson ‏@tedermeatballs 8h8 hours ago

Rangers have obviously pushed the boat out to get Warburton. But let's not pretend he was their first choice. Or them his.

Good to have someone with as deep an insight knowledge about our internal affairs and Warburton's thinking as this trusted journo ...

First managerial appointment I've been genuinely excited about since Advocaat.

Was going to say the same. PLG was intriguing at the time but didn't exactly excite. After the last 3 years then this appointment does excite, especially after reading and hearing a bit about him. Its about time we got back up on the horse and rallied forward.

It's going to be interesting to see how the Scottish media are able to cope with a football manager who is actually very intelligent. Will be a bit of a novelty for them and I think they will struggle badly !!! :)

It's going to be interesting to see how the Scottish media are able to cope with a football manager who is actually very intelligent. Will be a bit of a novelty for them and I think they will struggle badly !!! :)

The first question he has already been asked was ''why pick Rangers?'',answer''because Rangers are a fantastic club'':)