New management team: Mark Warburton and David Weir

McInnes bombed in England, which is the real test. The SPL is the 23rd ranked league in the European coefficients. Teams like Aberdeen are basically bottom division standard in England and that is not good enough.

Hard to judge McInnes on his time at Bristol City who were a fucking shambles. He kept them up, which is more than his successor did and I can remember his St Johnstone side giving a footballing lesson on occasion too. That said, I'd still rather have Warburton.

Hard to judge McInnes on his time at Bristol City who were a fucking shambles. He kept them up, which is more than his successor did and I can remember his St Johnstone side giving a footballing lesson on occasion too. That said, I'd still rather have Warburton.

McInnes left them halfway through the season bottom of the league.

His 26.98% win record rates him as one of the worst in their history. A club record 7 straight defeats - how can anyone argue he did exceptionally well?

They were bottom when he took over and hadn't won in ten games. he kept them up. Then halved their wage bill.

Circumstances are important.

He could have done a good enough job, but I think the point is he is more of the same. He may have given us a boost, but I don't see him rebuilding the whole infrastructure of the club in a progressive way.

I don't see why you say that. He played good football with players in correct position. Believes in a properly balanced side and brings on youth.