11 players released including Boyd and McCulloch

Foster has been decent enough throughout the run-up to and during the play offs, before that was never fully fit or even injured for long spells this season. Robinson's cameo appearances are hard to judge. The only two I would have kept for the Championship at reasonable wages.

The very obvious question is to ask who gave the order for the players to be released, a football person or someone else, can't really see how it could be a football person, unless of course our present manager is also our new manager.

Foster was sometimes good going forward, but he was a very poor defender. Seb Faure was better at right back defensively than Foster was and that's not even the Frenchman's natural position.

Foster was sometimes good going forward, but he was a very poor defender. Seb Faure was better at right back defensively than Foster was and that's not even the Frenchman's natural position.

Was Faure ever actually played in his natural position?

A lot of doss gone, a lot of dross remaining (and hard to move on):

RB8ipzK.jpg

This was on FF, lays it out nicely though there's a couple more Newcastle boys also "loanees now returned".....and there's youth to consider. Gasporotto has a year to run, McKay has two etc.

Edited by SteveC

None of them deserved to stay on, they have totally failed this season by finished 3rd in the second tier, it would have to go down as our worst finishing position ever. However if I had to keep one on it would have probably been Foster and that is saying something. I thought he played well against Hibs and would have been a good squad player.

What a challenge ahead now for the next manager.

Agreed, Foster is probably the only one I would have kept. I think he has actually performed fairly well since coming back from injury. The rest ? Don't let the door hit you in the arse on the way out !

The only players from the squad that I'd look forward to seeing in a Rangers jersey next season would be Murdoch, Walsh and Hardie.

I couldn't care less about the rest and would like to see them all gone.

Failures every one of them.

Edited by MoodyBlue

The only players from the squad that I'd look forward to seeing in a Rangers jersey next season would be Murdoch, Walsh and Hardie.

I couldn't care less about the rest and would like to see them all gone.

Failures every one of them.

Yep, nowhere in the cups, an utterly humiliating third in the second tier in Scotland and total humiliation against Hibs. Not just failures, but eye-wateringly bad failures.