Give the Man a BLOODY Chance!

I'm in favour in giving McCall a chance in bringing in HIS players as long as the board of Directors are behind him which they must be.

Stuart McCall should be allowed to carry on as boss in my mind.

You can throw up stats of 'his record' all you can, I say give him the chance to prove himself under different circumstances rather than what he had to do with players who weren't even fit to wear the jersey in the first place. He must have noticed how far we have fallen since his time away.

McCall knows what's required to be a Ranger, he surely walked through the doors and thought "Whit the FU*K are this lot doing here?" (Without actually saying it to them).

I would rather stick with the man than throw ill to the wind and end up back somewhere we've already been.

Would you be in favour of giving McCall the chance of a lifetime? I would.

Nope, but I will thank him for coming in at a time where we desparately needed change.

I know what you're saying about giving him a chance with his own players, but im basing my opinion on some of the utterly bizarre decisions he would make during the 90 minutes which changed the course of the game, and not exactly for the better.

He had his chance to motivate some highly experienced, highly paid international/ex-internationals in the second tier of a football backwater. It is simply unacceptable that one of the biggest clubs in the world failed to get promotion given the vast financial advantages we have.

It should have been a cake walk. The previous board and McCoist are largely to blame but McCall also had his chance and failed.

If a suitable replacement can be found I would replace him. We can ill afford to not be promoted again.

In the six play off games was McCall's team a team that inspired confidence, played positively, out-played their opponents with tactics and effort and merited promotion ?

Cant see it happening Bearman.

If you think back to the initial press conferences the hope expressed by the new board was that the momentum of change would be enough to carry us over the line.

Clearly they were unaware just how bad things were on the footballing side - SM was just a stop gap measure imo.

If he had secured promotion I think it would have been more difficult for the board, as they may have felt almost obliged to give him the job.

I honestly dont think he was ever part of a longer term vision

I'm in favour in giving McCall a chance in bringing in HIS players as long as the board of Directors are behind him which they must be.

Stuart McCall should be allowed to carry on as boss in my mind.

You can throw up stats of 'his record' all you can, I say give him the chance to prove himself under different circumstances rather than what he had to do with players who weren't even fit to wear the jersey in the first place. He must have noticed how far we have fallen since his time away.

McCall knows what's required to be a Ranger, he surely walked through the doors and thought "Whit the FU*K are this lot doing here?" (Without actually saying it to them).

I would rather stick with the man than throw ill to the wind and end up back somewhere we've already been.

Would you be in favour of giving McCall the chance of a lifetime? I would.

Drivel.

Why look at evidence when we can have blind faith.

He got an extended trial to see if he could do things differently , get better results and he failed.

Miserably.

Drivel.

He got an extended trial to see if he could do things differently , get better results and he failed.

Miserably.

Continued to select the likes of Miller, Boyd & McCulloch all of whom should have been binned.

Surely the board will want their own man in this new era for the club.

Sorry, but by appointing McCall, all it would do would decrease attendances even more.

King is an intelligent man - he will want someone other than McCall.

Drivel.

Miserably.

"Drivel" ... well well.

He got this side back playing for the Gersey and football again. What he could not do is getting more out of the players than is actually there. I doubt Mourinho or the like would have been able to do that. People will probably jump in and speak about substitutions et al ... but no matter what he had done in that respect, people would have jumped in with their own ideas.

We obviously want quick success and changes and a vision for the future. How much McCall could have done in that respect with the players at hand? Play Walsh and Gallagher and Sinnamon and whatnot ... who were slaughtered by the Yahoo babes? No matter who comes in, he will need to sort out the squad and shape his own team, be that Warburton, McCall or McLeish. And after three months or so, you can start judging how successful that manager is in this respect.

BTW, from the soundbites elsewhere, McCall is going to assist Strachan with Scotland again - at least for the time being.