Give the Man a BLOODY Chance!

Any man who continued to pick McCulloch as a centre half, make substitutions that only bring the opponents back into the game, and take over a team in second place and take them to third then blow the play offs despite having everything in our favour has already done enough to prove he does NOT have what it takes to be given an extended run as manager.

He brought in Hardie for a couple of games, including a MOTM performance at Dumbarton, and then binned him for the Hearts dead rubber and the play offs, despite him looking a much better option than Miller or Boyd, who both played a lot of game time during the play offs. I'm guessing he thought the play-offs were needing more experienced players than a rookie, but the results showed we needed good players in form rather than big names who had consistently failed. Decisions like that show he is not the man to take us forward.

Re McCulloch ... who should we have played in those important late season games? Halkett? A half fit Streete? Mohsni? We were on bare bones there and if you suggest Wallace or someone else, rest assured someone would argue that people should be played in their "natural" positions. I sure know what you mean, but as I said above, the players we had were nowhere near the standard required.

Hardie ... would have to check that, but did he not play in "important" u20s games a day before and/or after? I too would have liked to see more of him and we sure will. Same goes for Gallagher. Only McCall will know why he did not pick them but "experience". Yet, I would assume that had he gotten the job in January, some youth players would have been regulars in May.

Any man who continued to pick McCulloch as a centre half, make substitutions that only bring the opponents back into the game, and take over a team in second place and take them to third then blow the play offs despite having everything in our favour has already done enough to prove he does NOT have what it takes to be given an extended run as manager.

He brought in Hardie for a couple of games, including a MOTM performance at Dumbarton, and then binned him for the Hearts dead rubber and the play offs, despite him looking a much better option than Miller or Boyd, who both played a lot of game time during the play offs. I'm guessing he thought the play-offs were needing more experienced players than a rookie, but the results showed we needed good players in form rather than big names who had consistently failed. Decisions like that show he is not the man to take us forward.

Spot on post. Says it all really.

McCall knew what he had to do in his short time some of the play improved from Allys long ball tactic but in the end he failed , so to giv McCall the job would in my opinion be seen as rewarding failure and in the past three years I have seen enough failure at our club to do me for the rest of my days , I want success from now on in .

I'm in favour in giving McCall a chance in bringing in HIS players as long as the board of Directors are behind him which they must be.

Stuart McCall should be allowed to carry on as boss in my mind.

You can throw up stats of 'his record' all you can, I say give him the chance to prove himself under different circumstances rather than what he had to do with players who weren't even fit to wear the jersey in the first place. He must have noticed how far we have fallen since his time away.

McCall knows what's required to be a Ranger, he surely walked through the doors and thought "Whit the FU*K are this lot doing here?" (Without actually saying it to them).

I would rather stick with the man than throw ill to the wind and end up back somewhere we've already been.

Would you be in favour of giving McCall the chance of a lifetime? I would.

He deserves to remain manager no more than you or I do. Probably less.

Mark Warburton was the creator of the NextGen Series - a European football club cup competition for under-19 footballers. It was designed to provide players with the opportunity to match themselves against other elite European footballers of their age group in a competitive environment.

I doubt if Stuart McCall could organise the Next clearance Sale !!!

I feel a bit sorry for him. Taking on that shower of imposters was a terrible hospital pass. The squad was shit, lacking in pace, confidence and desire. He got a modest improvement but, ultimately, you can only polish a turd so far. Had he come in when Ally went then who knows? But he didn't.

But I think a pretty radical shift in strategy is required and break with the past at the club and I don't think McCall represents that. He would be seen as the 'safe', 'business as usual' appointment. That's only partly his fault but them's the breaks. The club and squad have been left in a horrendous mess and I think a new broom is needed.

It's easy to underestimate the effect of most of the squad knowing they were not going to be offered a new contract. The game is won on small percentages. McCall never had a squad 100% on board. Moping and self interest was affecting them, causing tiny margins in favour of the opposition.

IMO McCall is a good fit for what you are trying to achieve, but you may find better.