Colin "Bomber"Jackson RIP

I seem to remember, and my memory isn't that great, we went from punt it McKinnon to Colin don't rip your tights Jackson. Jackson was far more of footballing CH but because of his long black hair and model looks, plus not being the typical slug it out CH he was considered a bit of a softy. His partnership with big Tam Forsyth sort of balanced out each others weaknesses.

Great memories of big Col. RIP

A great servant to the club, and the tireless work he put in to the Benevolent Fund for former Rangers players who fell on hard times or needed medical care due to old football injuries, should never be forgotten, yet he shunned the limelight and didn't like getting praised for this work.

I met him at a CL final screening in the Members Lounge a few years ago when he put on a buffet and bar to watch the game on the screens in there as a way of getting Bears to sign up to the Rangers Lotto with the Benevolent Fund as the agent getting the commissions. It was a great night and he went round everyone and spoke to us all without pushing for us to sign up. I signed up that night and still pay my £2 a week for this, although sadly I have never earned the Fund a commission from winnings! Maybe next season!

RIP big man, your work won't be forgotten.

Sad news.

My memory is seeing him pull down the sleeve ends of his top and holding them tightly in his fists as he returned from bombing raids in opposing penalty boxes.

RIP big man, true gent.

http://www.rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/item/9461-memorial-service-for-colin-jackson

Memorial Service For Colin Jackson

Written by Rangers Football Club

Memorial Service For Colin Jackson

THE Jackson family have notified the Club that Colin’s funeral will be a private service for close family members only.

A Memorial Service will, however, be held in the Ibrox Suite at the Stadium on Saturday, 20 June at 11.30am to honour a true Rangers legend.

Colin sadly lost his battle with cancer and passed away peacefully with his family last weekend.