Dave King Press Conference 8th June 2015

Knowing who the managers in question are would either have worried me more or eased my fears a little (or....lets see - who are the contenders? Greig, Walter, Souness, Advocaat doubt he'd know our price range), McCoist, McDowell, McCall = who out of those would be encouraging???)..

The comment without specifying who led to my feeling of discouragement as I've learnt that with Rangers it is never wise to look optimistically on any ambiguity as not only is it usually the worst of all seeming options but we usually unearth a hitherto unimaginable and far more deleterious option and that's the one it turns out to be.

Mccall probably said that Scott Allen is a cracking player etc. It's not something I'd get concerned about.

Quite. Mainly seemed to reiterate a lot of what was said after he came in. Lot of big picture-stuff but light on details, figures involved, etc.

Is it just me or did he seem almost contemptuous of the press' questions?

I think he did well remaining polite in the face of the stupidity he was confronted by; one question was so insanely wrong-headed it took his breath away.

Quite. Mainly seemed to reiterate a lot of what was said after he came in. Lot of big picture-stuff but light on details, figures involved, etc.

Is it just me or did he seem almost contemptuous of the press' questions?

Many of the questions were very poor and/or repetitive.

They just wanted to know the investment figure or manager name.

Mccall probably said that Scott Allen is a cracking player etc. It's not something I'd get concerned about.

If it is something like that, then OK. He said it in plural though and the previous managers' views on players scares me shitless

Everyone was getting antsy about not hearing from him so he's clearly damned either way.
things will only calm once the merits of their actions can be clearly measured. the calibre of manager and the standard of the first few signings will tell all. The sooner they get it over with the better for us fans

Thanks to Frankie for the updates.

Since he's been in the country for only a day or so, I was not expecting any managerial announcement today. I would expect that those in the running will be met within the next few days and I would not be surprised if Walter will be amongst those giving an expert advice on each. IMHO, it is a clever move, as Sir Walter sure knows what is to be expected of a Rangers manager inside out and for King to have such a person will be invaluable. The sooner this important managerial issue is resolved, the better, as it will go a long way to reestablish the links between the support and the club. A bit more communication would be required still, e.g. where any money received from the fans will end up, as e.g. opposed to other investments.