Dave King Press Conference 8th June 2015

Well Walter is having input on the managers position and "previous managers" have been identifying potential signings, so it will not be "nothing whatsoever". Of course the new manager could ignore the player recommendations altogether - if he has time to do so.

That's absolutely frightening.

Today was really more about launching the sale of Season Tickets than about King's presser, but King had very little option other than to hold a presser even although he had very little to report because if he hadn't held it folk would be screaming that they wanted to hear from him. As others have said on the thread here already, he was damned if he did, damned if he didn't.

only thing i would argue is its of his own making. The time frame is completely in his control.

Would have been a far better marketing idea to announce the manager and season ticket sales on the same day. For me should have happened at NARSA. Could have caused a small stir and got fans and wallets raring to go .

The timing is unfortunate, but it is what it is. They've got a lot of work to do in a very limited time frame and this is now the 2nd week in June, so it was probably imperative that they got the ST launch done ASAP.

They'll no doubt speak to the managerial candidates again this week, as I'd imagine Dave King will want to speak to them himself and in person and then we'll hear what the board of directors jointly decide on that front when it's a done deal.

Thanks to Frankie for the updates.

Since he's been in the country for only a day or so, I was not expecting any managerial announcement today. I would expect that those in the running will be met within the next few days and I would not be surprised if Walter will be amongst those giving an expert advice on each. IMHO, it is a clever move, as Sir Walter sure knows what is to be expected of a Rangers manager inside out and for King to have such a person will be invaluable. The sooner this important managerial issue is resolved, the better, as it will go a long way to reestablish the links between the support and the club. A bit more communication would be required still, e.g. where any money received from the fans will end up, as e.g. opposed to other investments.

Not sure about that it was Walter that hand picked Ally McCoist. I may even say Walter wouldn't know a good manager if he hit him on the head.

I don't understand your point.

Not wanting to follow the footballing recipe of recent past.

The signing of poor players from Scottish leagues who play well for other Scottish teams and we still wrongly think that will constitute performances that will be accepted at Ibrox. The continuation of managers from people known within circles of certain supporters and needing to have a past links to be considered for roles. The continuation of following the same footballing philosophy and style. The continuation of thinking ex players who do mediocre at other sides as managers are somehow good enough to manage Rangers in some misguided idea that it will help continue our traditions.

its time for a new approach to pretty much everything in a footballing sense and also in how we run and communicate with our customers.

my point is signing scott allen or even considering it shows we have learned nothing from the batch of useless over paid rejects we already signed through the same thinking. That we still ask the same people for opinions on signings who have already failed to deliver ad nauseum is breath takingly stupid.

Also that the managerial candidates of Mcinnes, Mccall and davies show we are still fishing in a completely inadequate pond that lacks the assortment of catch our customers are seeking.

mush of the same old approach the usual mob in the blue room as been advocating for as long as i can remember. managers must know the clubs traditions, must know what it means to be a ranger , one man in charge of everything ,must sign a backbone of players from Scotland. European money should be counted on to break even. Infrastructure and a decent signing policy with returns expected are for other leagues not ours ,Beating celtic is all that matters blah blah blah