Dave King Press Conference 8th June 2015

Not wanting to follow the footballing recipe of recent past.

The signing of poor players from Scottish leagues who play well for other Scottish teams and we still wrongly think that will constitute performances that will be accepted at Ibrox. The continuation of managers from people known within circles of certain supporters and needing to have a past links to be considered for roles. The continuation of following the same footballing philosophy and style. The continuation of thinking ex players who do mediocre at other sides as managers are somehow good enough to manage Rangers in some misguided idea that it will help continue our traditions.

its time for a new approach to pretty much everything in a footballing sense and also in how we run and communicate with our customers.

my point is signing scott allen or even considering it shows we have learned nothing from the batch of useless over paid rejects we already signed through the same thinking. That we still ask the same people for opinions on signings who have already failed to deliver ad nauseum is breath takingly stupid.

Also that the managerial candidates of Mcinnes, Mccall and davies show we are still fishing in a completely inadequate pond that lacks the assortment of catch our customers are seeking.

mush of the same old approach the usual mob in the blue room as been advocating for as long as i can remember. managers must know the clubs traditions, must know what it means to be a ranger , one man in charge of everything ,must sign a backbone of players from Scotland. European money should be counted on to break even. Infrastructure and a decent signing policy with returns expected are for other leagues not ours ,Beating celtic is all that matters blah blah blah

We shouldn't sign poor players from any league.

The timing is unfortunate, but it is what it is. They've got a lot of work to do in a very limited time frame and this is now the 2nd week in June, so it was probably imperative that they got the ST launch done ASAP.

They'll no doubt speak to the managerial candidates again this week, as I'd imagine Dave King will want to speak to them himself and in person and then we'll hear what the board of directors jointly decide on that front when it's a done deal.

disagree mate.They have had time to put down a marker. the bringing in of mccall bought them plenty of time to get the selections narrowed down dependent on the league we would find ourselves in. same goes for investment. I understand they want to limit the expense they may incur. But that could have been done after an initial investment of a decent size say £10m had been put up. we all know the boundaries of expenditure we will need over the next three years.

you also shouldn't return to the same well that poisoned you before unless something drastic has changed.

so no Scottish players and no rangers supporting managers. I better stop dating blonds as well.

Edited by the gunslinger

Not sure about that it was Walter that hand picked Ally McCoist. I may even say Walter wouldn't know a good manager if he hit him on the head.

True enough. And a) Walter could not have predicted or forseen what would happen after Whyte took over nor b) can we predict how Rangers had fared under McCoist had Whyte not taken over.

so no Scottish players and no rangers supporting managers. I better stop dating blonds as well.

would give a far better return than doing the same again and again and expecting different results

add to that no players who play in Scotland

Edited by trublusince1982