Dave King Press Conference 8th June 2015

DK stated that he had not interviewed any of the managerial contenders but said there would be no announcement this week. Yet another director who is involved in the selection said it would be this week. They need to talk to,each other.

DK might have just contradicted PM because he wasn't very happy that PM had allegedly been flapping his lips too much at NARSA. :)

Recruiting a manager is probably THE most difficult task which a football club's board of directors has to do.

And in reality no one can be sure whether a manager will be successful as hoped for or not.

But they can only judge candidates by their recent history and make their decision accordingly. That is why I think from those mentioned I believe Mark Warburton would be the best choice for Rangers

Edited by RANGERRAB

Recruiting a manager is probably THE most difficult task which a football club's board of directors has to do.

And in reality no one can be sure whether a manager will be successful as hoped for or not.

But they can only judge candidates by their recent history and make their decision accordingly. That is why I think from those mentioned I believe Mark Warburton would be the best choice for Rangers

Spot on. As long as they show requisite ambition they can't really be blamed. Eck won loads with us plg bombed. Every manager is a risk.

ashley has hired managers before. Typically badly so you could say he has learned the hard way.

plus two wrongs don't make a right.

Why don't you just say that no matter what this board do its wrong as far as your concerned. It would save us all time.

Why don't you just say that no matter what this board do its wrong as far as your concerned. It would save us all time.

so far it is.

the philosophy/ business plan in my opinion so far is horrendous. I didn't decide the plan and would far prefer they hit the nail on the head.

the plan so far....

lets have two guys who have absolutely no idea pick the managerial candidates at what could easily be the most important time in our history. but don't worry we will seek advice from the man who picked the worst manager in our history.

lets run on a promise of transparency then give even less info than those before.

lets promise £30m then £15m then say the budgets are open ended to fans who have been lied to over and over for the last 3 years that will help them trust.

approaching fans and expecting st sales of 45000 without showing through action the path you will take the club is quite frankly stupid.

Approaching managers of a decent calibre and telling them hey we have no budgets for transfers ,we have no budgets for first team wages but we pinky promise to give you the cash if you convince us of the merits.

we are losing 11 players and you can sign around 7 but you only have 6-7 weeks to arrange pre season and we have no scouts or system in place to help identify targets,The rest of the squad has already been deemed by all concerned to be of an unfit level but tough you will need to make them so. Now go identify the targets approach us with your reasons we will then agree loans with the club to give you money then we will negotiate will the players clubs and have them out to your training camp all in under 7 weeks. PS our fans are some of the most demanding around!

I see it now. thinking we should have got our fingers out and used the breathing space given through the employment of mccall to establish an a and b list determined by the league we were in would have been folly. Same as having the management appointment ready to go before st sales with an established budget for players would never encourage sales. No putting down markers before you ask everyone else to bet would be stupid.

If the king interview with trayner had been by anyone else you would have tore it to shreds.

My standards do not change depending on who they reference. Not good enough is not good enough.

ashley was way worse for different reasons. I doubt very much king and murray would destroy the club in the same fashion as ashley would have.

But two wrongs do no make a right..

Edited by trublusince1982