King: A Club For Generations

Maybe not as late as mid-August, but yes, you're right. What's needed is a large number of ST sales, not just renewals and obviously by a point early enough to invest in rebuilding a good 1st team squad.

Is a renewal and a sale not really the same thing and just as important. Last season people didn't renew that means they sold less season tickets.

I suppose you mean it is important that supporters who did not renew last season or are new St holders buy season tickets for next season. In simple words we want all season tickets sold,:ohoh:

I think few will renew ST's until they know

1) who the manager will be next season and

2) which players will be getting signed to improve the quality of the first team squad

That seems to look like a "customer" viewpoint rather than a "supporter" viewpoint. The club needs fan investment, no matter who the playing staff are.

It's a chicken an egg situation - the more fans we have, the more money we have for players... And with the way fans disagree on all of this, there is no way the board can please everyone, especially with the over-inflated expectations in juxtaposition with where we are in financial and sporting terms at the moment.

I don't think it is fair to expect fans to buy STs before seeing who the new manager is and who he brings in. If it is going to be another Ally McCoist type bringing in overpaid duds then what a waste of money. Perhaps Rangers will have to rely on fans paying at the gate to see decent players playing good football. In the meantime perhaps Mr King could dip into his pocket as promised.

Is a renewal and a sale not really the same thing and just as important. Last season people didn't renew that means they sold less season tickets.

I suppose you mean it is important that supporters who did not renew last season or are new St holders buy season tickets for next season. In simple words we want all season tickets sold,:ohoh:

I was only differentiating between the two in response to dB because I agreed that it's the total number of ST sales come the end of July/beginning of August which is the important number, not the number of renewals come the 30th June deadline.

it sounds more likely to me that the season ticket uptake in the first week will be used to determine the amount spent on a manager and players.

Slow uptake = the cheaper option

High uptake = number one choice

There's absolutely no way I'd believe for one minute that they would make those decisions based on the renewal uptake over the first week.

I don't think it is fair to expect fans to buy STs before seeing who the new manager is and who he brings in. If it is going to be another Ally McCoist type bringing in overpaid duds then what a waste of money. Perhaps Rangers will have to rely on fans paying at the gate to see decent players playing good football. In the meantime perhaps Mr King could dip into his pocket as promised.

Football fans around the country have done so for many a year, it's hardly an unkown situation. Managers can leave the day after you buy your season ticket too, as can players. People you hate can be signed. You don't go and ask to return your ticket, you go and see your team. In our case, the Rangers.

Edited by SteveC

Rangers case is not unique in Scottish football nor British football, the club needs punters putting their money in. We don't have the riches of the EPL. So more than ever we need the fans to fall in love with Rangers again and spend it on the club.

I know the club has the Gallant Pioneer tours, but they really need to open the doors to Ibrox and let the support through. I recently was invited down to Westminster by a MP friend of the wife's, we had the private tour by his parliamentary secretary. The history of the place, it's tradition was amazing, i came away proud to be British.

Have an Season Ticket open days over a weekend, get the support in to the Blue Room, Trophy Room ect. Give it the big sell get the Bears to commit there and then. helpers will give their time free (I would) to take them on a mini tour of Ibrox and get the families and individual supporter connected once again to Rangers.

Edited by aweebluesoandso

Rangers case is not unique in Scottish football nor British football, the club needs punters putting their money in. We don't have the riches of the EPL. So more than ever we need the fans to fall in love with Rangers again and spend it on the club.

I know the club has the Gallant Pioneer tours, but they really need to open the doors to Ibrox and let the support through. I recently was invited down to Westminster by a MP friend of the wife's, we had the private tour by his parliamentary secretary. The history of the place, it's tradition was amazing, i came away proud to be British.

Have an Season Ticket open days over a weekend, get the support in to the Blue Room, Trophy Room ect. Give it the big sell get the Bears to commit there and then. helpers will give their time free (I would) to take them on a mini tour of Ibrox and get the families and individual supporter connected once again to Rangers.

That is a good idea. Almost all the Dutch clubs have an open day although it is mostly near the start of the season where the new players are introduced. I think Feynoord fly them in in a helicopter. There are a lot of things with the players training and mixing with kids so as they will also become future supporters.

Dont think it's as black and white as that. The Rangers situation with the last 3 year's all the lies and chancers to expect massive uptake in season tickets when you have not proven one single promise yet is nonsense.

Not many who are not sure whether to renew/ buy or not will be of a trusting frame of mind.