Mike Ashley tells Rangers FC 'we're not a bank' over loan deal

5million probably means nothing to him as would putting us into administration as a result.

If King has the money some say he has he should pay Ashley his money back

How does he put us in administration again ?

Any loan between associates with no standing agreements/repayment dates is payable on demand as soon as the monies change hands, I can assure you and Luke that the Herald took thorough advice before publishing same. A former stalwart of RM Edmiston Drive with a schooling in accountancy also confirmed the codicils as standing in such loans between associates.

No I haven't used your excellent facility before, which is far more relaxed and wide viewing than any others of that you can be proud, no mean feat in such a charged subject.

Utter nonsense. There is, in fact, case law to support the exact opposite.

The case law can be seen here :

Lord Tyre, sitting in the Court of Session (Outer Court), gave judgment earlier this month in Nixon v Livingston Football Club Ltd [2015] CSOH 43. At issue was whether money loaned by a director (and companies under his control) to the Livingston Football Club was repayable on demand. The judge held, on the evidence before him, that the loans were not repayable on demand but only when the company could afford to repay them. In doing so he noted that "... the concept of making a loan on the basis that it is not repayable unless and until the borrower can afford to repay, which might be regarded in certain contexts as uncommercial and therefore improbable, seems to me to be much less improbable where the borrower is a company operating a football club" (para. [26]).

So your use of the term associates can very easily be applied to Directors as well as commercial partners. As Lord Tyre clearly alludes, a loan being repayable on demand would require for such language to be written into the contract. And given Ashley is going down the EGM route would support the notion that there is no such language in the loan contract.

You must try harder.

Maybe I am just being a bit dim but I struggle to understand why a guy like Ashley with his wealth and numerous other interests, considers it worthwhile involving himself with Rangers and the hassle. Suppose he might consider the hassle and conflict to be a source of amusement.

Utter nonsense. There is, in fact, case law to support the exact opposite.

The case law can be seen here :

Lord Tyre, sitting in the Court of Session (Outer Court), gave judgment earlier this month in Nixon v Livingston Football Club Ltd [2015] CSOH 43. At issue was whether money loaned by a director (and companies under his control) to the Livingston Football Club was repayable on demand. The judge held, on the evidence before him, that the loans were not repayable on demand but only when the company could afford to repay them. In doing so he noted that "... the concept of making a loan on the basis that it is not repayable unless and until the borrower can afford to repay, which might be regarded in certain contexts as uncommercial and therefore improbable, seems to me to be much less improbable where the borrower is a company operating a football club" (para. [26]).

So your use of the term associates can very easily be applied to Directors as well as commercial partners. As Lord Tyre clearly alludes, a loan being repayable on demand would require for such language to be written into the contract. And given Ashley is going down the EGM route would support the notion that there is no such language in the loan contract.

You must try harder.

Perhaps you should publish the conclusion of Lord Tyre and not the brevity which you did.

Maybe I am just being a bit dim but I struggle to understand why a guy like Ashley with his wealth and numerous other interests, considers it worthwhile involving himself with Rangers and the hassle. Suppose he might consider the hassle and conflict to be a source of amusement.

Quite simply he got stiffed. In his eyes he saw a chance to make some easy money, what he didn't take into consideration is the resolve of the fans. He doesn't like that and probably wants make us pay one way or another!

Because he is the main creditor

Still cant put us into administration. Being main creditor doesn't give you the right to put a company into administration. He would, like HMRC, need to seek a winding up order. And, for 5 million, that winding up order would be swept aside fairly swiftly. Unless of course, like you, you believe that King and T3B don't have any money to pay off the 5 million loan.