Mike Ashley tells Rangers FC 'we're not a bank' over loan deal

Still cant put us into administration. Being main creditor doesn't give you the right to put a company into administration. He would, like HMRC, need to seek a winding up order. And, for 5 million, that winding up order would be swept aside fairly swiftly. Unless of course, like you, you believe that King and T3B don't have any money to pay off the 5 million loan.

I think you've hit the nail on the head. I genuinely believe Ashley doesnt think King & T3B have the funds. Whether he is correct or not remains to be seen.

Another development:

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/mike-ashley-steps-down-newcastle-5860799?

Mike Ashley steps down from Newcastle United board as he appoints Steve McClaren as the new head coach

20:33, 10 JUNE 2015

BY RECORD SPORT ONLINE

TOON chief steps aside on same day he issues a statement to the Rangers board outlining why he wants his £5m loan paid back immediately.

MIKE ASHLEY has stepped down from the Newcastle United board hours after appointing Steve McClaren as the club's new head coach.

Ashley- who has a 9% shareholding in Rangers and today issued a statement outlining the reasons why he believes the £5m loan he made to the Ibrox club should be paid back, has stepped back from the running of the club he owns after investing £240 million in the Premier League side.

McClaren, has been appointed to the Newcastle board – in a takeover by the club's football brains.

The former England chief will not only be head coach – but also wield power alongside a new ruling committee – minus owner Ashley.

And now McClaren, Chief Scout Graham Carr and club ambassador Bob Moncur have today been appointed to the board, alongside MD Lee Charnley.

Ashley steps aside along with Finance Director John Irving who has got a new job.

Newcastle is the only club who have their head coach on the board – but the hierarchy reckons it is the best way to deliver success.

Watch the Daily Record Football Show as Keith Jackson and Co. discuss Rangers search for a new manager and Dave King's blueprint for the future..

Charnley said in a statement released by the club: “This is a very positive step forward for the club and I am delighted that Steve, Graham and Bob will join me on the board.

“Graham and Bob’s passion for the club is beyond question and I believe given the collective skills, knowledge and experience, together, we are incredibly strong.

“Whilst, of course, we all have our individual primary duties, there is a huge common desire for the club as a whole to move forward and succeed.”

Charnley, 37, has worked at Newcastle United since 1999 and been on the board since 2008.

Another development:

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/mike-ashley-steps-down-newcastle-5860799?

Mike Ashley steps down from Newcastle United board as he appoints Steve McClaren as the new head coach

20:33, 10 JUNE 2015

BY RECORD SPORT ONLINE

TOON chief steps aside on same day he issues a statement to the Rangers board outlining why he wants his £5m loan paid back immediately.

MIKE ASHLEY has stepped down from the Newcastle United board hours after appointing Steve McClaren as the club's new head coach.

Ashley- who has a 9% shareholding in Rangers and today issued a statement outlining the reasons why he believes the £5m loan he made to the Ibrox club should be paid back, has stepped back from the running of the club he owns after investing £240 million in the Premier League side.

McClaren, has been appointed to the Newcastle board – in a takeover by the club's football brains.

The former England chief will not only be head coach – but also wield power alongside a new ruling committee – minus owner Ashley.

And now McClaren, Chief Scout Graham Carr and club ambassador Bob Moncur have today been appointed to the board, alongside MD Lee Charnley.

Ashley steps aside along with Finance Director John Irving who has got a new job.

Newcastle is the only club who have their head coach on the board – but the hierarchy reckons it is the best way to deliver success.

Watch the Daily Record Football Show as Keith Jackson and Co. discuss Rangers search for a new manager and Dave King's blueprint for the future..

Charnley said in a statement released by the club: “This is a very positive step forward for the club and I am delighted that Steve, Graham and Bob will join me on the board.

“Graham and Bob’s passion for the club is beyond question and I believe given the collective skills, knowledge and experience, together, we are incredibly strong.

“Whilst, of course, we all have our individual primary duties, there is a huge common desire for the club as a whole to move forward and succeed.”

Charnley, 37, has worked at Newcastle United since 1999 and been on the board since 2008.

I wonder if he is related to Chico Charnley ... I still remember the time that fud challenged Rangers fans to a fight and ran for his life through Maryhill as a samurai sword squad turned up for the duel....

I think you've hit the nail on the head. I genuinely believe Ashley doesnt think King & T3B have the funds. Whether he is correct or not remains to be seen.

I think he will be sadly mistaken then.

I wonder if he is related to Chico Charnley ... I still remember the time that fud challenged Rangers fans to a fight and ran for his life through Maryhill as a samurai sword squad turned up for the duel....

[video=youtube_share;anEuw8F8cpE]

The obsessed tims are wetting themselves that Ashely quit the Newcastle board so he could he now push himself on to the Rangers board, I severely doubt he would do that as it would just be as a nuisance factor. With 2 people on the board they would be wasting their time. I think Ashely has better things to do with his time.

I'm more convinced by him than the rats that have been chased out of our club,you obviously prefer the previous theives to King as you handed them your cash for a ST last season but are implying you won't buy one this season.

You dont think some bears, myself included, buy season tickets irrespective of the regime ? As we have done for years.

The same logic is applied for next season also - the ST will be bought irrespective of whether King splashes the promised money or not.

You dont think some bears' date=' myself included, buy season tickets irrespective of the regime ? As we have done for years.

The same logic is applied for next season also - the ST will be bought irrespective of whether King splashes the promised money or not.[/quote']

Of course!, I chose not to renew because of the parasites,I was pissed off. I will however renew this season, Rab was implying he wassn't going to buy a ST because of Kingco,yet bought one under the previous clowns.

So if we don't pay him back just now, are we happy to just continue giving them the extra 26% to Rangers Retail, as well as continued security on our assets? The three bears said how crippling this deal was for our recovery, what changed?

I think we're not paying him back because we can't. We need to get rid all of the these onerous deals that we can, until we are in control of our own revenue streams how the hell can we recover and plan for the future?

So if we don't pay him back just now, are we happy to just continue giving them the extra 26% to Rangers Retail, as well as continued security on our assets? The three bears said how crippling this deal was for our recovery, what changed?

I think we're not paying him back because we can't. We need to get rid all of the these onerous deals that we can, until we are in control of our own revenue streams how the hell can we recover and plan for the future?

You really think Dave King and his colleagues can't pony up £5m from their combined resources? Seriously...?

You're absolutely right in that we need to get rid of these onerous deals and nothing has changed in that respect. The problem is, even if we pay back the £5m today, we still have the onerous contract tomorrow. Yes, it may be slightly less onerous (what's an extra 26% of ca. £100K?) but the retail deal is still weighed heavily in favour of Sports Direct. And that's apparently for the next 7 years.

Therefore, once again, Kingco clearly believe retaining the £5m is leaves them some leverage on SD when it comes to renegotiating that deal. That may well be true but £5m is hardly the thick end of Ashley's fortune either. It's more likely he's just annoyed at losing face and that may make him more dangerous than if he actually lost the cash in another manner.

As I posted yesterday we need a pragmatic solution agreed between both parties but given the court action today and the various statements from stakeholders, I think we're some way off that. Meanwhile the club suffers.

Edited by Frankie