Ibrox fans will step up and pay says Rangers fans chief

I'm not sure.

An imaginative appointment next week and an influx of suitable players will put bums on seats - even at short notice. We only need remember what happened in 2012 where ticket sales were pretty much non-existent until Chuck got Ally's approval (and Ally got a nice bunch of shares)...

st sales need to come first since they are paying for the signings. Cant really see another batch of free transfers causing any sort of influx. also need the money from season tickets to clear unless we are getting loans against future season ticket money, but since that is still a raw feeling for alot doubt it would happen. They had to put the money in first not depend on fans to pay for signings in my mind.

Hopefully a decent manager will push sales. You never know maybe Warburton will help fans believe again in mass.

Edited by trublusince1982

I see it simply as the club needs cash input from the Rangers fans,count me in,initially to help us move forward.I know we've been f*cked over before and will make a lot of fans very weary buying a ST,but surely the fans can see we have people on the board who will do everything possible for the benefit of Rangers FC,regardless of what cash Kingco puts in!,it's a no brainer for me!. I've never withheld my ST money to see what manager is appointed or what players we sign!,but even now with the shit we have been through with the last thieves where we knew they were stealing our money to line their own pockets the new board will not do that!.

I see it simply as the club needs cash input from the Rangers fans,count me in,initially to help us move forward.I know we've been f*cked over before and will make a lot of fans very weary buying a ST,but surely the fans can see we have people on the board who will do everything possible for the benefit of Rangers FC,regardless of what cash Kingco puts in!,it's a no brainer for me!. I've never withheld my ST money to see what manager is appointed or what players we sign!,but even now with the shit we have been through with the last thieves where we knew they were stealing our money to line their own pockets the new board will not do that!.

Each to their own, but I will wait for them to come good on at least a few of the numerous promises before deciding on my next move. It has been an inauspicious start.

Each to their own, but I will wait for them to come good on at least a few of the numerous promises before deciding on my next move. It has been an inauspicious start.

I hear you mate and understand why some fans will hold off

Think it's more what they think is best for Rangers is maybe massively different than what some fans are after.

Personally I am running on fumes and it depresses me no end to think we might follow old habits

You will always get 20000 or so no matter what. It's attracting the other 25000 that they need to do.

Their manager choice and player choices could put all fears to bed and let fans know our wishes can be met.

Edited by trublusince1982

Until we know the manager and his squad then sales will be flat as, without Celtic games, there's no reason for people not to just go game by game.

Yes, I appreciate paying the funds up front may help us acquire players and avoid further loans (converted to equity or not) but getting people out of the habit of not going to games will be a tricky one for the board to address.

Fans need inspiration and there's not been enough of that yet.

If I had one criticism of the current regime Frankie they seem to be placing alot of reliance on their status as Rangers men, and I recall Paul Murray at press conference stating he didnt think a temporary manager would be required as he hoped "the momentum of change would carry us over the finishing line."

As a matter of some urgency they really need to undertake a sitrep. (Sitution Report for non-military readers) . This is a support who have quite rightly had their fill of so called "Rangers men" - one of them is currently fleecing the club for £ 750K per annum - and hot air promises. I think the current board need to realise they have a lot of convincing to do irrespective of their qualifications as genuine Rangers men. Trueblue's previous post of "running on fumes" is a very apt description.

Lemmings like me will buy an ST irrespective of whether King splashes the cash, but I think I am very much a minority these days and perhaps thats no bad thing.

Despite all the soundbites coming from the board re the importance of ST sales - it was only in the latter part of this week I got a fairly bland e-mail asking me to renew.

Edited by D'Artagnan

If I had one criticism of the current regime Frankie they seem to be placing alot of reliance on their status as Rangers men' date=' and I recall Paul Murray at press conference stating he didnt think a temporary manager would be required as he hoped "the momentum of change would carry us over the finishing line."

As a matter of some urgency they really need to undertake a sitrep. (Sitution Report for non-military readers) . This is a support who have quite rightly had their fill of so called "Rangers men" - one of them is currently fleecing the club for £ 750K per annum - and hot air promises. I think the current board need to realise they have a lot of convincing to do irrespective of their qualifications as genuine Rangers men. Trueblue's previous post of "running on fumes" is a very apt description.

Lemmings like me will buy an ST irrespective of whether King splashes the cash, but I think I am very much a minority these days and perhaps thats no bad thing.

Despite all the soundbites coming from the board re the importance of ST sales - it was only in the latter part of this week I got a fairly bland e-mail asking me to renew.[/quote']

Regarding Ally McCoist D'Art, not that I'm saying he will necessarily, but I would expect him to invest almost every single penny he's made while on gardening leave since December back into the Club via the next share issue and further share issues. Doing that would help his reputation in a big way.

As for you referring to yourself as a lemming for buying a ST and the general subject of fans buying season tickets, the bottom line is that due to the Club's cost base the sales of season tickets are imperative to it's survival and even more so during a rebuilding process like the Club currently has on it's hands.

What I will say though, is that appointing McCall as permanent manager for 2 or 3 seasons will give ST sales an absolute pounding. Hopefully the board are aware of this fact.

Regarding Ally McCoist D'Art, not that I'm saying he will necessarily, but I would expect him to invest almost every single penny he's made while on gardening leave since December back into the Club via the next share issue and further share issues. Doing that would help his reputation in a big way.

As for you referring to yourself as a lemming for buying a ST and the general subject of fans buying season tickets, the bottom line is that due to the Club's cost base the sales of season tickets are imperative to it's survival and even more so during a rebuilding process like the Club currently has on it's hands.

What I will say though, is that appointing McCall as permanent manager for 2 or 3 seasons will give ST sales an absolute pounding. Hopefully the board are aware of this fact.

Zap

I recall quite a no. suggesting that when King et all got in McCoist would drop his wage demands - that hasn't panned out has it ?

Zap

I recall quite a no. suggesting that when King et all got in McCoist would drop his wage demands - that hasn't panned out has it ?

I've got no idea who was saying that mate, but equally so, I've absolutely no idea what Ally McCoist's demands actually are. What I do know is just my own opinion that Ally should (and probably will) invest some - if not all - of that gardening leave money back into the Club.

Jings! Zappa your faith in Ally is unshakeable. I remember you advocating that McCoist should get another chance to prove himself in the Championship despite the realisation by most punters that Rangers were crap and would struggle against better opposition. If he does invest his "ill gotten gains" in Rangers I will hold my hands up, but I doubt it.