Can't rememeber who exactly, but an ex player (a tim I think) was in the ET a while back, slagging the OF about there contribution to the national side. But he phrased it in such a way to make us come off worse, even though we were actually starting more scots in our team (I.e use of phrases such as Brits in terms of the Gers, but then waxing lyrical about Celts Scots in their squad).

So I thought it would be worth pointing out that Thomson captained and Hutton, Adam and (soon to be Ger) Gow played, for the B's. McGregor would've been in goal but for injury. Fergie (national captain) Murray, Boyd and Burke have made recent full squads, with 3 of the 4 certain to be regular members.

Then there's the fact that 8 of the 11 in the victory shield, a home nations tournament for a youth age group (u16's I think) are Gers.

When we're not contributing highly to the squads we are rightly pilloried. Are we now getting recognition for our positive involvements in the squads?

Yeah Joe Harper was talking out his ass - usual anti-rangers stuff.

We can name a first team XI with Scots

_____________McGregor___________

Hutton____Weir_____Webster___Smith

Burke__Ferguson__Rae__Thompson__Adam

_______________Boyd_____________

Murray

Lowing

etc

etc

And Gow, Brown and McCulloch could join in the summer