Should we sign Vuckic  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Should we sign Vuckic

• Yes
    • No

Unquestionably our best player or at least best attacking player in the second half of the season. 8 goals and 2 assists in 15 league games plus 1 in 1 cup tie. So he scores better than a goal every other game in regular competition. Yes, he didn't cut it as a goal scorer in the play offs, but still had 2 assists in the 6 games. IMHO he needs to improve his strength and fitness but he is a quality player and I would back W&W to get the best out of him. If we can get him for a modest fee and a reasonable wage, I'd jump at the chance.

I think fitness played a big part in him disappearing in a few games last season. He was only about 70%-80% match fit in my unscientific estimation. He'd be a good signing if he was played on the right side of an attacking three and given a specific job to do rather than just let loose to do as he pleased.

Main stumbling block could be Ashley here, but AFAIK he was told to find a new club aleady. Whether a reasonable fee can be agreed is very doubtful, but one never knows. Ashley might feel that we are signing him using his money.

With decent players at his side, Vuckic will sure flourish even more. A good pre-season to get him sharpened up a little would help too. And we shoud also keep in mind that we are playing Championship opposition again.

He was our best player by a mile but our standards will/should be a lot higher next season. He's far too slow and not technically gifted enough to make up for it. I want to see fast, skillful players in the final third. Ones who have the potential to be sold for large sums of money. Vuckic is never going to be worth more than £1-2m.

where would people play him? those that want him signed?

IMO he's a slow one trick pony and that trick was pretty quickly snuffed out.

I personally want players with strength and pace signed,

where would people play him? those that want him signed?

IMO he's a slow one trick pony and that trick was pretty quickly snuffed out.

I personally want players with strength and pace signed,

I'd hazard a guess that he scored most of his goals cutting in from the right and shooting left footed. I think that's where he could do most damage. He does tend to flatter to deceive a bit in the no.10 role IMHO.