Rob Kiernan - Bid Accepted

I don't generally discuss rumours about players as the rumour-mill is something that rarely proves worthy. Suffice to say that I know I am not going to know much, if anything, about any of our signings this summer and I will reserve judgement until the first competitive game of the season, although by then of course our new recruits will be either world-beaters or diddies based entirely on 3 or 4 pre-season games according to a large number of our online fans.

I don't generally discuss rumours about players as the rumour-mill is something that rarely proves worthy. Suffice to say that I know I am not going to know much, if anything, about any of our signings this summer and I will reserve judgement until the first competitive game of the season, although by then of course our new recruits will be either world-beaters or diddies based entirely on 3 or 4 pre-season games according to a large number of our online fans.

What are you insinuating? That we get it wrong? We could see within a couple of months that McCoist and Hateley for example would never make it.

Papers in Birmingham are reporting the deal to take him there permanently fell through this week after a they 'weren't happy with all aspects of his medical'. Hopefully we give him a thorough examination.

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/birmingham-city-transfer-news-rob-9473332

It would be interesting to find out exactly what the problem was.

I hope we're going to be targeting continental players and not just lower league English level players.

It all depends how we use and coach the players we sign. Bobby Russell came from the juniors and was brilliant, whereas James Beattie had a premiership history. Where we get a player from shouldn't completely determine what we expect from them.

It all depends how we use and coach the players we sign. Bobby Russell came from the juniors and was brilliant, whereas James Beattie had a premiership history. Where we get a player from shouldn't completely determine what we expect from them.

Yeah that's fair enough. If we fill our team with lower division English players though it might do well enough in Scotland but we'll struggle to beat the Malmos and Maribors of the world.

Europe seems a pipe dream now but really we need to be regularly competing very soon as part of our financial recovery. How will Warburton fair there? He's completely untested.

Edited by Ser Barristan Selmy