Rob Kiernan - Bid Accepted

Definitely. The Premiership being the best league in the world isn't really up for debate anymore. Even pundits on SKY like Neville and Carragher admit it isn't now. I don't see what possible argument there could be to suggest it is the best league or anywhere close to that. The top teams are so far off the pace that even two teams in France knocked them out of the CL last season and the rest of the league is full of mediocrity.

Yeah, anyone who suggests the EPL is the biggest, strongest league in the world is, IMHO, buying the hype of English commentary.

La Liga has teams stronger than EPL - look at EPL, this season only ONE team were going to win it, last year only two really competed. La Liga ? Barcelona only won it last day of season and last season it was a 3 horse race into the final game with Barca and the 2 Madrid teams fighting it out - you also have Sevilla, Valencia, Villareal etc who can compete on their day.

Sure, some La Liga teams are very weak, but so too are Hull, QPR etc.

La Liga, for me, is the strongest league in the world by a long way. Germany have enough teams who also compete (though the Bundesliga this year was a one horse race worse than EPL - but they have more depth below IMHO). Italy is getting better but isn't that strong and only PSG in France seem to have real strength.

I would place Spain, then Germany, then EPL.

Strongest, best, richest ... not sure whether one will get to any sort of agreement when the question is as vague as this. The bone of contention is that the "best" leagues in Europe are dominated by less than a handful of teams year in and year out, teams who attract the most people, the best players and usually have the most money to spend. It is very subjective to argue where the better football is played or which teams are - on the whole - "better" than those of other leagues. Not least as this can change on a yearly basis.

In any case, Kiernan is our reality now and who knows whether he will be part of a Rangers team playing in Europe again. I'm not sure Ian Ferguson was hailed as someone who would be playing in the Champions League when we signed him from St. Mirren.

Yeah, anyone who suggests the EPL is the biggest, strongest league in the world is, IMHO, buying the hype of English commentary.

La Liga has teams stronger than EPL - look at EPL, this season only ONE team were going to win it, last year only two really competed. La Liga ? Barcelona only won it last day of season and last season it was a 3 horse race into the final game with Barca and the 2 Madrid teams fighting it out - you also have Sevilla, Valencia, Villareal etc who can compete on their day. It's beyond doubt the top few teams are now lagging behind in Europe. As for the rest, I reckon mid table teams like Stoke, Crystal Palace, West Ham etc would get a doing from mid table teams in quite a few leagues to be honest.

The other consideration is the quality of football, I watch a lot of English football and a lot of the football is God awful!

Sure, some La Liga teams are very weak, but so too are Hull, QPR etc.

La Liga, for me, is the strongest league in the world by a long way. Germany have enough teams who also compete (though the Bundesliga this year was a one horse race worse than EPL - but they have more depth below IMHO). Italy is getting better but isn't that strong and only PSG in France seem to have real strength.

I would place Spain, then Germany, then EPL.

I agree with all of that - it's beyond doubt that the top 4 in England are now lagging behind in Europe, as are the teams that compete in the Europa. Beyond that you then have the likes of Stoke, Crystal Palace and West Ham. These are not good sides at all and I could see them getting a doing from a lot of mid table sides across Europe. No way is the premiership even close to being the best league, last season was really boring and I can't remember many memorable matches.

Edited by Ser Barristan Selmy