Rob Kiernan - Bid Accepted

Yeah that's fair enough. If we fill our team with lower division English players though it might do well enough in Scotland but we'll struggle to beat the Malmos and Maribors of the world.

Europe seems a pipe dream now but really we need to be regularly competing very soon as part of our financial recovery. How will Warburton fair there? He's completely untested.

I'd say number one priority is to get back to the top division in Scotland, we won't need to worry about Europe for at least two seasons

John Hartson failed a medical with us, poor guy never got over it. I wouldn't like to see that happen again to a any footballer, to be so close to playing for the worlds greatest club, just to have it snatched away from you because of an ingrowing toenail .

I'd say number one priority is to get back to the top division in Scotland, we won't need to worry about Europe for at least two seasons

That should go without saying, what do we do once we get there? How do we challenge Celtic? Buy a new team? Or do we lay the building blocks now and start developing players for the future?

I dont think that is correct. We can qualify for the EL next season by winning the SC (or at least getting to the final).

Newco will have produced three sets of audited accounts by then

Edited by RANGERRAB

I dont think that is correct. We can qualify for the EL next season by winning the SC (or at least getting to the final).

Newco will have produced three sets of audited accounts by then

Correct, I said that in my last post. Winning the SC should be a realistic aim. Planning for just the season ahead is the way we have always done it and it needs to stop.

That should go without saying, what do we do once we get there? How do we challenge Celtic? Buy a new team? Or do we lay the building blocks now and start developing players for the future?

Yeah don't get me wrong I agree with your thinking I just think we need to take it one step at a time. Hopefully Warburton and Weir are also thinking long term too

Yeah don't get me wrong I agree with your thinking I just think we need to take it one step at a time. Hopefully Warburton and Weir are also thinking long term too

Yes I'd agree. We must improve the quality of the squad for starters. Up front is where the real problems were last season with none of the strikers able to get a decent amount of goals

Id expect warburton will be eyeing the scottish cup with great expectations. Having european football next season will be a fantastic carrot for attracting players of a higher quality, something that our new manager will be well aware of.

This guy is coming because he wants to work with Warburton, which is great, and even better that Warburton wants to work with him (better than buying players on the strength of videos). British players are also well aware that with Rangers they could play in Europe within a year or two whereas they could go their whole career without that prospect in England. They understand where we are and why, and are willing to accept it for future gain.

While I agree we should be spreading our net further afield than the English Championship, don't forget what Dave King said, which makes much more sense now. Strengthen the squad now and re-assess what you need during the January transfer window. It may well be very difficult just now to persuade foreign players to come based on where we are, but come January if you have got the league and a cup run in your sights it may well be much easier to entice a foreign player with Premier League football in a few months time or the chance of Europe.

Edited by Anchorman