Rob Kiernan - Bid Accepted

I didn;t think I should start a new thread for this, but it sort of fits in with this thread (if not the title)

http://footballleagueworld.co.uk/new-rangers-boss-wants-brentford-duo-to-join-him-at-ibrox/?

New Rangers boss wants Brentford duo to join him at Ibrox

Date: 17th June 2015 at 7:44 pm

Written by: Lee Clarke | Comments (0)

As featured on NewsNow: Football NewsFootball News 24/7

Newly appointed Rangers boss Mark Warburton is set to return to Griffin Park to take two of his former players to Ibrox, according to reports in the Scotsman.

The ex-Bees boss wants to make midfielder Stuart Dalls his first summer signing at his new club and is set to test Brentford’s resolve with a bid of £1.5 million.

The Northern Ireland international has two years left on his contract at Griffin Park and netted eight goals in 44 appearances last season, as the Bees qualified for the Championship play-offs with a fifth-placed finish.

It is thought that the seven-figure price tag will not put the Scottish giants off, with incoming chairman Dave King pledging to splash the cash.

Warburton is also keen on taking out-of-contract defender Alfie Mawson north of the border, with the club being short on defenders at present.

Rangers released the majority of last season’s back line at the end of last season and Mawson, who spent the 2014/15 campaign on loan with League Two side Wycombe Wanderers, is high on Warburton’s list of targets.

This guy is coming because he wants to work with Warburton, which is great, and even better that Warburton wants to work with him (better than buying players on the strength of videos). British players are also well aware that with Rangers they could play in Europe within a year or two whereas they could go their whole career without that prospect in England. They understand where we are and why, and are willing to accept it for future gain.

While I agree we should be spreading our net further afield than the English Championship, don't forget what Dave King said, which makes much more sense now. Strengthen the squad now and re-assess what you need during the January transfer window. It may well be very difficult just now to persuade foreign players to come based on where we are, but come January if you have got the league and a cup run in your sights it may well be much easier to entice a foreign player with Premier League football in a few months time or the chance of Europe.

I hope you're right about that - we'll see when his agent hears what sort of a wage we'll be offering.

This guy is coming because he wants to work with Warburton, which is great, and even better that Warburton wants to work with him (better than buying players on the strength of videos). British players are also well aware that with Rangers they could play in Europe within a year or two whereas they could go their whole career without that prospect in England. They understand where we are and why, and are willing to accept it for future gain.

While I agree we should be spreading our net further afield than the English Championship, don't forget what Dave King said, which makes much more sense now. Strengthen the squad now and re-assess what you need during the January transfer window. It may well be very difficult just now to persuade foreign players to come based on where we are, but come January if you have got the league and a cup run in your sights it may well be much easier to entice a foreign player with Premier League football in a few months time or the chance of Europe.

Hearts had the league sewn up by January last season. How does that scenario work then?

Hearts had the league sewn up by January last season. How does that scenario work then?

I just explained it. Here you are again.

Strengthen the squad now and re-assess what you need during the January transfer window. It may well be very difficult just now to persuade foreign players to come based on where we are, but come January if you have got the league and a cup run in your sights it may well be much easier to entice a foreign player with Premier League football in a few months time or the chance of Europe.

I just explained it. Here you are again.

I shall try again....

Rangers trailed Hearts by 13 points at the start of January 2015 and were reduced to going for the play-offs. If they find themselves in a similar position one year later how does Dave's plan work then?

I shall try again....

Rangers trailed Hearts by 13 points at the start of January 2015 and were reduced to going for the play-offs. If they find themselves in a similar position one year later how does Dave's plan work then?

I shall try again also (and try to ignore your hint of sarcasm about 'Dave's plan' which clearly shows why you aren't getting this - because you don't want to).

don't forget what Dave King said, which makes much more sense now. Strengthen the squad now and re-assess what you need during the January transfer window.

If we are trailing by 13 points for example, he has said on record that, if need be, in the January window he will spend what it takes to win us the league. By the same respect if we are winning it in a canter, he can go for players in the January window that can supplement a good (probably predominantly British squad) with maybe a bit more flair from overseas so that we can maybe make an impact on our first season back in the Premier. It's not difficult (unless you are in the 'difficult' business) so I won't elaborate any more or I will send everyone to sleep.

Edited by Anchorman

I hope you're right about that - we'll see when his agent hears what sort of a wage we'll be offering.

Warburton will know what the guys are on roughly and he will know more than anyone how the 'money game' works given his background. He has stated he wants young guys who show a real hunger, not greed. If they show signs of greed he will show them the door. It will tell him all he needs to know.

Lets not forget what he is trying to produce, and what his ethos is. He makes no apologies about wanting to turn us into a selling club. He wont offer young guys the earth at Rangers. He will offer them the chance to make a name for themselves if they have hunger and desire to go on to the big money stage. And he will keep trying to bring through young hungry players for us. I'm happy with that.

I shall try again also (and try to ignore your hint of sarcasm about 'Dave's plan' which clearly shows why you aren't getting this - because you don't want to).

If we are trailing by 13 points for example, he has said on record that, if need be, in the January window he will spend what it takes to win us the league. By the same respect if we are winning it in a canter, he can go for players in the January window that can supplement a good (probably predominantly British squad) with maybe a bit more flair from overseas so that we can maybe make an impact on our first season back in the Premier. It's not difficult (unless you are in the 'difficult' business) so I won't elaborate any more or I will send everyone to sleep.

If asking you to acknowledge the flaws in what you posted is me being difficult, then so be it.

If we are trailing by 13 points for example, he has said on record that, if need be, in the January window he will spend what it takes to win us the league.

That is not something which can be planned.

I didn;t think I should start a new thread for this, but it sort of fits in with this thread (if not the title)

http://footballleagueworld.co.uk/new-rangers-boss-wants-brentford-duo-to-join-him-at-ibrox/?

New Rangers boss wants Brentford duo to join him at Ibrox

Date: 17th June 2015 at 7:44 pm

Written by: Lee Clarke | Comments (0)

As featured on NewsNow: Football NewsFootball News 24/7

Newly appointed Rangers boss Mark Warburton is set to return to Griffin Park to take two of his former players to Ibrox, according to reports in the Scotsman.

The ex-Bees boss wants to make midfielder Stuart Dalls his first summer signing at his new club and is set to test Brentford’s resolve with a bid of £1.5 million.

The Northern Ireland international has two years left on his contract at Griffin Park and netted eight goals in 44 appearances last season, as the Bees qualified for the Championship play-offs with a fifth-placed finish.

It is thought that the seven-figure price tag will not put the Scottish giants off, with incoming chairman Dave King pledging to splash the cash.

Warburton is also keen on taking out-of-contract defender Alfie Mawson north of the border, with the club being short on defenders at present.

Rangers released the majority of last season’s back line at the end of last season and Mawson, who spent the 2014/15 campaign on loan with League Two side Wycombe Wanderers, is high on Warburton’s list of targets.

Where we getting all this money from?