Rob Kiernan - Bid Accepted

Every English division is better than the standard we are up against. Aside from Stuart Dallas are we after any players that feature regularly in the Championship?

Yes, Kiernan, who has featured regularly for Wigan and Brum over the last one and a half seasons.

I'd imagine there may be one or two others but we'll see.

Give him a fucking chance then (not aimed specifically at you pete) !

Guy has been in the job 2 days and already taking pelters for his signing targets - and yet the targets that we have heard about.... none of us know anything about them.... but we know enough to say they aren't good enough ??? Give me a break.

Let them prove OR disprove your complaints where they should be proven... on the pitch.

We are the most impatient fans I know - it is amazing to me how we complain about having a shit squad, get rid of most, complain that all we have been fed for years are freebies.... then look to actually spend some money and get told that they aren't good enough.... Ohhhhh, and on top of that the guys he is looking at seem to be in their early 20's, another age bracket we have been screaming out for to be in our team...

Come on people, at least let them prove to you that you were right before complaining about it.

I am delighted he is our manager because Pereira apart, he was the only candidate with an impressive track record. Getting him was a terrific achievement. Personally I have not been giving him pelters, just questioning the reliance on lower league English level players. Aside from Stuart Dallas, it's not like we have been linked with players performing well in the Championship, looking at players in League 2 seems a particularly low division to look at, though that's not to say you can't find the odd decent player. I've no doubt these players will do fine against most in Scotland, are they going to be the level we need going forward though?

The fact is English football is saturated with over paid and underskilled players, hence why I do not see it as the best league setup to focus on. There is a reason why there is a complete lack of English players and coaches abroad. There are far better and cheaper players abroad, who can generate a lot more in profit. We need to be building long term sustainable plans for the future now. Developing players for the future now, instead of just splashing cash in panic buys whenever we do get European qualification. I am aware we are not going to be getting top European level players any time soon, but that's not to say we cannot develop our own players and find rough diamonds abroad that we can shape. I understand Warburton is currently at the Under 21 Championship - that fills me with a lot more excitement than getting linked with a player in League 2 in England.

We should never be afraid of questioning everything happening at our club, we need to be questioning things all the time.

Yes, Kiernan, who has featured regularly for Wigan and Brum over the last one and a half seasons.

I'd imagine there may be one or two others but we'll see.

Looking online it seems he played in the Championship last season 29 night times, which I had not realised and fills me with more confidence - were these all starts I wonder?

Looking online it seems he played in the Championship last season 29 night times, which I had not realised and fills me with more confidence - were these all starts I wonder?

Out of his 29 league appearances last season, 27 were starts.

Out of his 14 Championship appearances in the second half of the 13/14 season, after 4 games as a sub (upon a return from being on loan at Southend) he forced his way into the starting line up for 9 further games.

Seems to me he's become a Championship level player through hard work and self-belief after being pumped on loan several times. The comments from Brum fans are very positive and even Wigan fans are disappointed he's leaving.

Lad also seems to avoid bookings so there's certainly some decent attributes about him even if, as always, the jury is out until he actually plays for us!

Edited by Frankie

Out of his 29 league appearances last season, 27 were starts.

Out of his 14 Championship appearances in the second half of the 13/14 season, after 4 games as a sub (upon a return from being on loan at Southend) he forced his way into the starting line up for 9 further games.

Seems to me he's become a Championship level player through hard work and self-belief after being pumped on loan several times. The comments from Brum fans are very positive and even Wigan fans are disappointed he's leaving.

Lad also seems to avoid bookings so there's certainly some decent attributes about him even if, as always, the jury is out until he actually plays for us!

That's good then, the Championship is much better than any Scottish league and he will be used to physical football so he should hopefully prove a decent signing.

We should never be afraid of questioning everything happening at our club, we need to be questioning things all the time.

Agreed, when it's done with parity. The problem is that there are some who are constantly criticising and waiting for failure, and they hide behind "never being afraid of questioning" (I dont include you in that. They know who they are.).

Agreed, when it's done with parity. The problem is that there are some who are constantly criticising and waiting for failure, and they hide behind "never being afraid of questioning" (I dont include you in that. They know who they are.).

It's a fair comment.

Yes, we absolutely should feel free to criticise any perceived issue at the club but we should also look to balance that criticism with praise and/or positivity where possible.

I think the signing of Kiernan is a good example of this. Yes, he's somewhat of an unknown quantity with an inconsistent CV but after spending an hour or so researching him this morning, I'm really enthused by what he has to offer.

FWIW, I think Rangers fans have (understandably to an extent) become really negative in recent times. It's actually a big challenge for the club to try and address that. But we also have to be prepared to try and be a bit more positive ourselves.

I think every chairman ceo or whatever could claim to have spent all season ticket money on the team.

Even chuck probably did. It's semantics.

What king of course means is the more we get in the more we can spend towards getting where we need to be.

I think, in general, the fans will be under-whelmed at most of the summer signings.

We shouldn't need to go for big names....it's about how good a TEAM, they all make up on the park. Big name signings come with a heavy cost, with no guarantee of success.....unknowns have considerably lower costs & therefore lower expectations. The may result in less pressure and allow them to play their own game.

Not all signings from lower english leagues are poor players....

It's a fair comment.

Yes, we absolutely should feel free to criticise any perceived issue at the club but we should also look to balance that criticism with praise and/or positivity where possible.

I think the signing of Kiernan is a good example of this. Yes, he's somewhat of an unknown quantity with an inconsistent CV but after spending an hour or so researching him this morning, I'm really enthused by what he has to offer.

FWIW, I think Rangers fans have (understandably to an extent) become really negative in recent times. It's actually a big challenge for the club to try and address that. But we also have to be prepared to try and be a bit more positive ourselves.

I fully appreciate I'm a negative bastard but I can assure you this wasn't the case when I was watching Van Bronkhorst, Ferguson and Albertz in midfield :D. I too am looking forward to this particular player - £200k seems a decent deal for someone playing regularly in the Championship last season.