Mohsni - The SFA have made an example out of me

The SFA have made an example out of me: Bilel Mohsni reacts to seven match ban handed out after Battle of Fir Park

THE former Rangers hot-head lost the plot in the wake of Rangers' 6-1 aggregate defeat in the play offs but believes his ban is excessive.

BILEL MOHSNI has accused the SFA of making him the scapegoat after his Battle of Fir Park ban was increased to seven games.

The former Rangers hot-head lost the plot after the Light Blues lost the second leg of their Premiership play-off against the Steelmen.

Mohsni kicked and punched Well’s Lee Erwin in astonishing scenes after the final whistle which saw him given a red card.

The 27-year-old was already suspended for four games for cumulative red cards and three further matches have been added for “excessive misconduct”.

Erwin escaped punishment despite his initial push on Mohsni sparking the brawl while Well duo Lionel Ainsworth and Craig Moore accepted two-match suspensions for violent conduct.

But, speaking to Sky Sports News HQ, Mohsni said: “They had in their mind to give to people an example and it was me.

“It’s disappointing, I thought I would have less. It’s a hard decision when I know the other player has zero and the others that were involved in the fight had just two.

“My reaction wasn’t good for sure but to have seven games… between zero, two and seven is a massive gap.”

Mohsni spent two years at Ibrox after a stint at Southend United but his agent has already admitted his player’s career in Britain is “over” following the ugly scenes at Fir Park.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/sfa-made-example-out-me-5907013

I see the video the Record uses for this article is titled Motherwell v Rangers Servco and pitch invasion!.

The SFA have done everyone who might have to play against Mohsni a massive favour.

In the 50's or 60's he'd have been suspended sine die for sure.

Sorry Brahim that is bullshit. the last and possibly only player ever to have been given sine die was Willie Woodburn. Since Woodburn’s sine die no other professional footballer has had to suffer the infamy of being banned for life. Colin Stein was sent off in a number of occasions for punching people but never got sine die. In the 50's or 60's he would have got what the SFA wanted to give him and that still holds up.

Tell me again, what did the Motherwell player who started it all off get? Lee Erwin. Methinks the media forget to mention his active part in the fracas within hours of the game, whereas Mohsni looks like the Anti-Christ himself. Never since the shame-game at the Scumhut did I see such a one-sided blame-avalanche, though I do not doubt that the SFA et al will find a paragraph for every single red card and ban they have handed out on Mohsni here.

Edited by der Berliner

The SFA have done everyone who might have to play against Mohsni a massive favour.

In the 50's or 60's he'd have been suspended sine die for sure.

Your dislike of Moshni is clearly clouding your judgement

Sorry Brahim that is bullshit. the last and possibly only player ever to have been given sine die was Willie Woodburn. Since Woodburn’s sine die no other professional footballer has had to suffer the infamy of being banned for life. Colin Stein was sent off in a number of occasions for punching people but never got sine die. In the 50's or 60's he would have got what the SFA wanted to give him and that still holds up.

I don't understand the highlighted sentence unless you mean that there was no standard punishment for being sent off or indeed for repeat offenders in those days but my reference was indeed to Willie Woodburn.

In 1947 he received a 14-day ban for a "violent exchange" with Motherwell's Dave Mathie, then in 1953 he punched the Clyde striker Billy McPhail, which earned a 21-day ban. Later that year, Woodburn was sent off for retaliation in a match with Stirling Albion. The clubs met again, the following season, in a League Cup tie at Ibrox on 28 August 1954. Playing with a knee injury, Woodburn took exception to a bad foul and retaliated by headbutting a Stirling player.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Willie_Woodburn

So I had the time period correct, I believe. I am aware it was rescinded three years later but by then he was 37 so it was an easy decision for the SFA to make.

I don't have time at the moment but I think that if you examine Mohnsi's record of indiscipline you will find that it is at least as bad if not worse than Woodburn. I dislike Mohsni because he has brought disgrace to the Club twice - in Derby and again at Motherwell, leaving aside his other indiscretions. The fact that he might be an otherwise nice person and kind to kids cuts no ice with me. He sets entirely the wrong kind of example on the pitch. We are very well rid of him and I've heard few fans disagree with that standpoint.

Edited by BrahimHemdani

McCall's handling of the situation was terrible. Threw the lad under a bus. The big guy was provoked and reacted whilst several other Motherwell players took turns to attack him.

Mohsni is no Saint but he has been harshly dealt with whilst others have got away with their actions.

McCall booted his arse out the door. the club quickly washed their hands with Moshni. The guy has been left totally alone to deal with the problem.

Not a great moment in the short tenure of King and CO, they need to do much better in the future in defending their players even if technically Moshni wasn't our player.

I was never a big fan of Mohsni (although I was pleased when he performed well: like the times when he reads the forward pass a drives himself forward to intercept; Or the times he got his head on a cross easing the pressure. I took great pleasure in watching that -- we don't have many that can read a pass like that. It was all too few and far between alas!), but I feel sorry for him here. It was not an unprovoked attack, and while I'm not condoning what he did, I feel he's being made a scapegoat. He's not a nutcase, he just has a temper with a low tolerance threshold. I doubt anyone, when pushed hard, would simply walk away. I condemn the degree of the response, but I do not condemn that he responded at all.

Seems to me that this decision completely vindicates Mohsni's actions: When there is no justice by a higher power you have to dish out justice yourself. If people can attack others without punishment how do you deter them from doing it? The only reason you can give for walking away is that the authorities will give you justice.

It shows the complete thing is a stitch up by the SFA who have no sense of morality whatsoever. Put these actions in order of severity with severest first:

1. An unprovoked attack on another person from behind

2. Being the victim of an unprovoked attacked and hitting back at the attacker

3. An unprovoked attack simultaneously by 4 or 5 people on 1 person

For me it's obviously 3, 1, 2 with 3 being extremely heinous and 2 being almost acceptable, but the SFA think it is 2, 3, 1 with 2 being the worst by a long way and 1 being perfectly acceptable. They also let off a few guys that perpetrated number 3 with no punishment whatsoever.

Really weird shit from the country that brought the world the Enlightenment.