Mohsni - The SFA have made an example out of me

Self defence is just that - defending yourself from an attack. It doesn't mean running after the wee beggar that gave you a girly push kicking out with your booted foot and trying to land a haymaker of a hook to his head.

Let's re-enact this with a change of costume. A defeated Ranger approaches a 'Well guy and offers a handshake. The arrogant victor turns away. Our hero, disapointed by the cad's lack of sportsmanship, gives him a wee push and moves to leave the scene. The 'Well guy turns, pursues and the kick and punch scenario takes place. Two or three of our fellows rush to the aid of our chap.

Where do we all stand on this?

A pushb in the back is NOT violent conduct and my opinion of Mohsni has nothing to do with it.

Are you kidding me? So players can go about pushing opposition hard in the back after the game as much as they like. You don't think that is violent? Try doing it to a policeman and you'll find yourself done for assaulting an officer. Or do it ten times - it's not violent is it?

Maybe people at the gersnet dinner should test you by periodically shoving you in the back and see how you deal with it?

Actually I don't know how to argue this one as I can't get my head round that a hard shove in the back is not violent... I didn't realise it was an act of endearment by Erwin who was trying to make friends with Mohsni... In fact if it wasn't violent, can you actually explain Erwin's motives?

Your opinon of Mohsni is obviously relevant as you do not apply the same codes to the other players who punched and kicked - while outnumbering their victim and with far less justification.

Think about how many times players push others in the back in a football match;

Can I start by rebutting this - what relevance does it have? Mohsni was NOT pushed in a football match. It's completely different.

When playing a match, you are consenting to some physical challenges - afterwards you are not. It's not even the same thing - where was the ball?

Here's a simple on for you. Boxers get away with punching their opponent senseless in the ring. Once the bout is over, punching your opponent is not the same.

However, even after saying that, you should not be subjected to repeated, deliberate pushes in the back during a game that are not legitimate or accidental in challenging for the ball. (In boxing its analogy would be rabbit punches or below the belt.) That is what a referee is there for, and I shouldn't have to tell you of all people this. Each one should be a foul and a warning, and multiple times should be punished with yellow card and then a sending off. I can't quote which rule covers it but I don't need to as I understand that that shoving is not what football is about and I also understand natural justice. I know the spirit of the laws.

In a game without a referee I know that someone repeated shoving someone in the back will eventually get you a punch in the mouth. That is why it doesn't happen that often in kick about games.

how many would be left at the end of they were all guilty of violent conduct?

None of them if they are guilty which is a good thing that would protect our game from thugs and reserve it for footballers who want to enjoy the beautiful game rather than have a disguised fight. Once you start punishing the guilty and send them off, the illegal shoving will stop. Like I said there is a difference in jostling for the ball and an open shove in the back - which is actually very dangerous during a game especially when a guy jumps for the ball.

But then like you say, there is a lot of it in the game as referees don't punish it. Chicken and egg.

Yes the match was finished but Mohsni refused to shake hands, that's what started it.

Wow, he's really guilty then... Moshni could have many reasons not to want to shake his hand, it could be the pushes and kicks the referee allowed the guy to get away with in the game, it could be verbal abuse and name calling during the game, or it could be the way he gloated when offering the shake. It's not uncivilised to refuse to shake hands, maybe not the best etiquette at times but we don't know the circumstances; however, it is totally uncivilised to launch an attack on someone in the back for not doing it.

Erwin was wrong to push him, of course he was, but please look at the video again and tell me if you really and truly think that was violent conduct.

Of course it is. Once again, do that to a policeman and then argue it's not violent. How is it not violent - it's the definition of violence - physically attacking someone. I suggest you watch it again and then try to explain it as a light, friendly pat. What's the difference between a hard shove and a punch - tell me the physics? The only difference I can see is the closed fist - but I can tell you if you want to hit someone in the face and not hurt yourself, the heal of the hand will be more likely to knock them over and also save you grief. Of course you do have to compensate for a couple of inches less reach.

If it wasn't violent then why did it beget violence? How is what Mohsni did violent - does the guy have injuries - it looked like playground stuff to me - exactly what you'd see on a playground. The kick was innocuous and although the punch was a good one, the impulse force will have been similar to that of the two handed shove.

It's definitely a breach of the peach, shouting at someone can be a breach of the peace, threatening some is a breach of the peace...

Have you not seen one player push another out of the way to get the ball at a throw in, for example; how many such incidents are punished by a yellow never mind a red card?

You are being disingenuous again. I have NEVER seen a shove for a throw in like that, and for me, if it is it should definitely be punished by at least a yellow. Do you even know what football is about? Do you understand human psychology even a little bit?

Most of what you are trying to assert when watered down to things that are too trivial to punish, it's usually a bit of equal jostling it's not some guy walking away and getting shoved hard in the back.

You are deliberately doing the straw man argument and you're still proving nothing. You should not have to get into a match as some sort of fight all the time, and put up with being pulled and shoved about. You should be able to play football and enjoy it and be protected by the referee. It's what the referee is for but you just don't seem to get that. Football has become one of the biggest cheats' games in the world these days, which has always annoyed someone who plays it honestly like myself, and it all comes down to poor officiating and the culture that that breeds.

Many other sports just don't tolerate what happens in football.

And the character assassination continues ...

JS64953571.jpg

“I still don’t know what happened to get it. I saw Bilel Mohsni go
 for Lee. I know Lee gave him a
little nudge but there was an over-reaction and there was a push from me. I’ll just have to take it on the chin and accept it.

Ainsworth has just signed a new, two-year deal at Fir Park but admits he was stunned when he took a phone call at his home in the east end of London to tell him he’d miss the first two games of the campaign. He said: “If I’m being honest, I was pretty surprised to receive the phone call when I saw what actually happened with others.

“We decided not to contest the suspension, especially when it could have been a six-game ban.

JS64954571.jpg

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/lionel-ainsworth-lifts-lid-battle-5952118

Don't get me wrong, but at the end of the day and as Erwin went unpunished by the SFA, it was "good" that Mohsni gave him his due.

Self defence is just that - defending yourself from an attack. It doesn't mean running after the wee beggar that gave you a girly push kicking out with your booted foot and trying to land a haymaker of a hook to his head.

Let's re-enact this with a change of costume. A defeated Ranger approaches a 'Well guy and offers a handshake. The arrogant victor turns away. Our hero, disapointed by the cad's lack of sportsmanship, gives him a wee push and moves to leave the scene. The 'Well guy turns, pursues and the kick and punch scenario takes place. Two or three of our fellows rush to the aid of our chap.

Where do we all stand on this?

Only, you're not just changing the costume; you're changing the entire scenario.

The shove in the back was violent conduct pure and simple and Erwin deserved everything he got. Mohsni should have received a three match ban for violent conduct and not a minute more. The fact that he has been so heavily punished and the Motherwell mob, for that is what they were, got off practically scot free can be put down only to the teams they play for.

But, you wish him all the best in the future surely?

Well, I don't wish him harm or ill fate, but I didn't want him playing for us, so I'm delighted that he's left. I hope he finds another club, but if he does, then I hope his new club know they've signed a total and utter clown.

Edited by Zappa

Well, I don't wish him harm or ill fate, but I didn't want him playing for us, so I'm delighted that he's left. I hope he finds another club, but if he does, then I hope his new club know they've signed a total and utter clown.

And yet I still think there is a player in there somewhere if he gets the right coach. McCoist was far too soft + something I just thought about is I don't know where McDowall played but I believe we did not actually have a coach who had a scooby about defending. McCoist and Durrant certainly never.