Possible re-location of CR bears

I don't think it was badly handled at all IMO. They want to create a 'singing section', which is a good idea in principle, and then they've asked those that would be affected for their feedback. Nothing's been decided as far as I can see. I don't see the problem.

UB's deserve a prominent position in the stadium.

Copland Front would be my ideal choice. In the future I'd love to see the whole of the Copland Front being used as a 'singing section' - and having it as a standing area. That's my hope anyway.

Ideally we should see 'safe standing areas' introduced into parts of the stadium, but until that time UB's deserve a decent location. They are the only group trying to inject an atmosphere on matchdays so should have a focal point.

If people aren't happy then the best thing to do is to actually sing and make a noise to support the team instead of sitting on your hands in you comfy ST seat. UB's only really exists because the atmosphere is so poor. Those against UB's should help create an atmosphere themsleves instead of moaning about them.

I don't think it was badly handled at all IMO. They want to create a 'singing section', which is a good idea in principle, and then they've asked those that would be affected for their feedback. Nothing's been decided as far as I can see. I don't see the problem.

Well firstly the fact that it has been "agreed in principle" would suggest it is something of a foregone conclusion - the actual survey then asks CR bears where they would like to be seated as an alternative.

Secondly why was the possibility of being re-located not intimated to ST holders in CR prior to renewal ?

Finally the UB's were originally located in CR1 but voted themselves to move to the Broomie - how many times are ST holders going to be inconvienced whilst the UB's make up their minds where they wish to be located ?

This is good news that the club realise they need to genuinely do something about the atmosphere. Apart from the great noise and colour that UB's bring, the rest of the stadium is like a morgue. It's shameful.

With Rangers fans on the board etc. hopefully the matchday experience - which has been dire - will be lifted by helping out a group of guys who want to actually have a good time at the football and create a noise to support the team.

Reading what many of our fans think, it's as if they'd like to see singing at football matches banned !!

The vehicle for change within the club and at Ibrox is racing ahead, no bad thing imo. However there will be mistakes made at such speed, in our dash for much needed progress.

Who was it that said "A little less conversation, a little more action please"

Maybe that should be "A little more conversation and a little more action please"

Edited by aweebluesoandso

Why are we not applying for safe standing??? Which could accommodate singing sections easily.

I really hope this is on the agenda for us.

I don't like copying what the other lot do, but on this one we definietly need to get the standing areas granted and into our stadium at earliest opportunity.

First of all I'd imagine that a safe-standing section - while agreeable - is low down the list of priorities of the club. Perhaps in 3-5 years but I doubt it will happen sooner.

Thus, this means accommodating the existing singing sections more effectively and it seems the logistical preference from both the club and the UB is for the sparsely populated Copland Rear.

Now, it may not be ideal to have to move some people but if it's for the greater good then it may be worthwhile. It's not as if CR4 is prime Ibrox real estate.

First of all I'd imagine that a safe-standing section - while agreeable - is low down the list of priorities of the club. Perhaps in 3-5 years but I doubt it will happen sooner.

I don't see why it should be low in priorities. I know plenty of people who stopped going because the old football fan feeling wasn't there any more. No atmosphere. They want people through the gates. That would bring plenty I would bet. I for one would want to stand rather than sit - in a heartbeat.