Fixtures - St Mirren at home first game!

I don't see it as tough, we get to play all our most likely competitors for top spot at home first, surely giving us an advantage and the opportunity to build up a lead early on. October's the nasty one where we play Falkirk, QOTS, St Mirren and Hibs in succession, the latter two away from home.

Same old same old from the corrupt SPFL.

Everyone knows we don't have a lot of time to get ourselves a squad and be ready for kick-off (self-inflicted of course, not blaming SPFL for that!) and it was an absolute certainty that the fixture list would be weighted towards our "rivals" for the title all being played early in the campaign. So pick our 3 title rivals and add in a trip to Alloa where we struggled on 3 visits last season and there are your first 4 games.

I am glad it has worked out this way though, as it gives us a chance to put down a marker to our opponents that this is the real Rangers this season and that they are all fighting for play-off places.

I don't see it as tough

Our start to the season is 4 league games and 4 cup games (if we get past R1 in the League & Challenge cups) in the space of exactly 5 weeks. That's a tough start to a season even for an established squad, never mind a newly built one under a new manager.

Tough start given we'll probably still be recruiting and any team that takes to the park will have barely met.

I reckon we will have 90% of our new players in place by 2nd week in July (most will already be lined up) and we will then have a few pre-season games to blend them in.

This is not McCoist - Warburton will have proper plans in place for recruitment and timelines to work to. I'm not concerned at all.

Edited by MoodyBlue

I don't see it as tough, we get to play all our most likely competitors for top spot at home first, surely giving us an advantage and the opportunity to build up a lead early on. October's the nasty one where we play Falkirk, QOTS, St Mirren and Hibs in succession, the latter two away from home.

Yes, but we have the most unsettled team going into the new season- new owners, new management, new team that needs time to gel

Whilst none of the teams in this league worry me (yep, said same last year....) anyone who doesn't think this was clearly a carve up needs their head read !

Seriously, we got the relegated team from the SPFL (so the highest team that we could possibly face given league positions at the end of last season), Hibs who finished above us, Queen of the South who finished right below us and our bogey team from last season in our first four games next year..... and we are expected to believe that this was a "random" draw ???

No way was that a random draw !!

Whilst none of the teams in this league worry me (yep, said same last year....) anyone who doesn't think this was clearly a carve up needs their head read !

Seriously, we got the relegated team from the SPFL (so the highest team that we could possibly face given league positions at the end of last season), Hibs who finished above us, Queen of the South who finished right below us and our bogey team from last season in our first four games next year..... and we are expected to believe that this was a "random" draw ???

No way was that a random draw !!

It certainly seems to redefine the definition of 'random'. :D

If we can sort things out up front then that will go a long way to deciding how well next season goes.

Boyd has gone and quite honestly Miller & clark should join him too. Bring in a couple of top-notch strikers & we'll stroll the championship next season.I know that sounds easy but if we get that part right I genuinely we'll be back up to the top flight easily for the season after next

Edited by RANGERRAB