Jackson - Rangers Next Captain?

Weir was 37 when he signed for Rangers as a stop gap signing!,I say again we are playing in the Scottish second division,I'm sure W&W are well aware of what qualities he will bring to the team.

The likes of Wilson and Allan suddenly look much more appealing - decent young players that can be developed and good enough to challenge Celtic. I think Weir is the exception to the rule, plus centre backs sometimes do play on to quite old. This one is a head scratcher, he was nothing special to begin with.

The likes of Wilson and Allan suddenly look much more appealing - decent young players that can be developed and good enough to challenge Celtic. I think Weir is the exception to the rule, plus centre backs sometimes do play on to quite old. This one is a head scratcher, he was nothing special to begin with.

Warburton has already said he will require some experienced players as well,and I'm sure both him and Weir know exactly what he will bring having seen a lot of the guy playing,we will have to wait and see before we can judge him,I'm not too excited about him signing but then I haven't seen him play,W&W have seen him play a lot so we have to trust their signings,until we see them play.

From a Derby fan:

Nemanja Matt-ić ‏@FMHintsAndTips 22m22 minutes ago

@donaldwatson84 @TheJellyTom He's the reason Derby didn't get promoted. A fit Eustace guarantees results.

Nemanja Matt-ić ‏@FMHintsAndTips 33m33 minutes ago

#Rangers You have an incredible signing in Eustace.

McClaren: John Eustace has been the 'biggest loss' for Derby this season

Derby County manager Steve McClaren has suggested the Rams have badly missed the experienced John Eustace.

Derby County manager Steve McClaren has told the Derby Telegraph he feels the club have missed John Eustace more than any other player.

Eustace last appeared for the Rams in the 1-0 victory against Ipswich earlier this season, undergoing knee surgery after that game and McClaren has suggested it was a turning point.

“People talk about George Thorne but the biggest loss has been John Eustace. His record when he plays is unbelievable,” said the boss.

“I thought he was immense at Ipswich. He got us that result and got injured and we have not seen him since.”

Eustace is a very experienced player and he would have been a useful man to have in the side while the Rams were enduring a recent difficult spell in results.

Heads were dropping and he could have used his experience to keep everyone motivated and mentally switched on to what the club are still capable of before the end of the season.

He also offers Derby a valuable option as a holding player in midfield, cutting off the angles and offering extra protection to the defence.

According to transfermarkt, Eustace’s contract expires at the end of this season, but McClaren’s comments certainly suggest he feels the midfielder could add something next season.

What might change that is if Derby get promoted into the Premier League, which will mean a restructuring over the squad throughout the summer, with an arguable need for fresher and younger faces to help Derby compete in the top flight.

Either way, it would be surprising if he’s not kept on beyond this campaign

Up until now I don't see much to trust. Youth? We have went from the Rangers friend club to the Warburton friend group.

We have no option but to trust the man!,you not prepared to give W&W a chance then?

We have no option but to trust the man!,you not prepared to give W&W a chance then?

As you say Ian i don't have a choice. I have to live in hope. I can't say I am over the moon at this stage though.

As you say Ian i don't have a choice. I have to live in hope. I can't say I am over the moon at this stage though.

I will have a bet with you that we will see a far better Rangers team this season than last season,by far!,I am looking forward to this season tbh.

I will have a bet with you that we will see a far better Rangers team this season than last season,by far!,I am looking forward to this season tbh.

I will drink a beer with you on that when I come across. I hope I lose and buy the beer.:thup: