Jackson - Rangers Next Captain?

Nice to see we are showing patience and giving the manager and potential new signings a chance to prove themselves :devil:

I'm not over the moon about the potential signing of Eustace but we will need three of four experienced players to mix in with hopefully a few of the younger guys given a chance or signed. Also I can't see Hibs selling Allan to us and I don't think he's as good as some make out

allan deal was arranged with his agent before Warburton had signed. Think he has some sort of release clause because hibs didnt get promoted

Some Derby fans on twitter reckon missing him through injury last season for a while seriously hampered their chances and wouldn't be happy to see him go. If that's the case, he should absolutely cake-walk the championship. Any young lads we bring up/in will need an experienced head or two to lead them through games so I don't see much of a problem here.

I've never heard of him, but it's not my job to have heard of him - that is what W&W are there for after all.

Some Derby fans on twitter reckon missing him through injury last season for a while seriously hampered their chances and wouldn't be happy to see him go. If that's the case, he should absolutely cake-walk the championship. Any young lads we bring up/in will need an experienced head or two to lead them through games so I don't see much of a problem here.

I've never heard of him, but it's not my job to have heard of him - that is what W&W are there for after all.

I would have thought the beginning of our new journey should be with a captain who has more than just one or two seasons left. I don't see any point in signing players now that will be of no use in the SPL.

I would have thought the beginning of our new journey should be with a captain who has more than just one or two seasons left. I don't see any point in signing players now that will be of no use in the SPL.

Half of last season's squad had an SPL level history and that did us no good at all. No good looking at what we'll do there if we don't have the tools to get there at all, like last season. If Derby fans will be raging if he joins us, and they're well aware of his age, that's as good an endorsement as I need.

Half of last season's squad had an SPL level history and that did us no good at all. No good looking at what we'll do there if we don't have the tools to get there at all, like last season. If Derby fans will be raging if he joins us, and they're well aware of his age, that's as good an endorsement as I need.

If the whole wide world interweb says it's so, that's good enough for me too! :tu:

Again I'm underwhelmed with Eustace -- his age being the main cause for concern -- however, after doing a bit of research, he could be a shrewd acquisition. He's a sitting midfielder, quite strong on the ball and can pass it, so he seems to fit the style WW are after. He's not going to have the legs but that's not necessary in his position and his age doesn't seem to have hindered him over the last few years in the Championship. His experience could be beneficial for youngsters. If he's playing regularly in the Championship at 33, 34 and 35 (He only missed out last year through injury, and, if some tweets from Derby supporters are trusted, they really missed him -- Derby are not a bad side), then I think he should be able to play with us for 2 or 3 years. (I can't believe I'm about to say this but Neil Lennon was playing for Them at 35 and looked average, but was considered an important player. )