Ricky Foster hits out at how he found out about axe

Does he not have an agent? If he does I would fire him for a dereliction of duty in not finding out what his client's future is. But my guess is that he knew full well he wasn't being given a new contract.

Personally I wouldn't allow any player to wear a blue jersey who plucks his eyebrows :P. He looked like Dracula with a facelift!

Edited by Anchorman

They've all been free to talk to other clubs since the 1st of January, it works both ways.

I'd like to hear what reasons any of the 11 have for thinking they would not be released, i.e. the extra hours they spent on the training ground honing their skills , the extra hours they spent in the gym, the long solo runs they endured to ensure they kept up peak fitness all season long etc....etc....

The whole thing with players contracts running down and them not knowing what's happening is nothing new, possibly more so in recent years since February 2012. Andy Little and several others apparently had issues with lack of communication and last summer Steve Simonsen suffered the same thing, not knowing whether he was staying or going. Telfer was another player who this happened to recently, although admittedly he wasn't a 1st team player. I'm sure it's happened to plenty of players though, so although I'm not saying it's ok, like I say, it's not anything new.

Last year around this time the fans were certain of promotion, we never even thought about doing it through the play-offs it was always going to be by finishing in first place...no wonder it didn't work out with Fosters attitude and the many other imposters wearing the blue shirt...good riddance!

“Listen, I appreciate the season did not work out the way we all had hoped it would.

“Our target was for us to achieve promotion to the Premiership, if not automatically by winning the title then via the Play-Offs.

Edited by Bearman

Oh what a shame Ricky. Not only am I glad that useless waste of space has left, I'm glad it hurt when we went. It hurt every time I saw him play so why shouldn't it hurt him when he was shown the door? Good riddance

Edited by bennettse2025

Perhaps so but that's not really the point here, common courtesy, if not football norms should have meant that he was told before he read it in the papers.

No, my point was in relation to you thinking he should have been offered a contract...

They've all been free to talk to other clubs since the 1st of January, it works both ways.

I'd like to hear what reasons any of the 11 have for thinking they would not be released, i.e. the extra hours they spent on the training ground honing their skills , the extra hours they spent in the gym, the long solo runs they endured to ensure they kept up peak fitness all season long etc....etc....

Nail on the head mate,if they really wanted a new contract all they had to do was play football with a bit of pride,determination and professionalism