Rumours in Edinburgh....

I'd be very surprised indeed. Why pay that sort of money for a player you can get for free on a pre-contract in January?

Because they may think he can help us secure promotion which is worth a fair bit more all in all.

Personally I'm not so sure he is worth it or that we'll sign him for that kind of fee but we'll see I guess.

Because they may think he can help us secure promotion which is worth a fair bit more all in all.

Personally I'm not so sure he is worth it or that we'll sign him for that kind of fee but we'll see I guess.

Until we sign a couple of strikers who can get 20-30 each we'll still struggle IMO.

I too would welcome Allan but the fee does seem high given his contractual position

... one never knows whether Clark and Miller will find their goal-scoring touch again.

Anyways, it seems Allan has removed his Hibs background from his twitter profile and the various "sources" say that he's bound for Glasgow. Not that these sources can tell whether it is Ibrox or the Scumhut, mind you.

(You do wonder the difference in headlines should he sign for either team, BTW.)

... one never knows whether Clark and Miller will find their goal-scoring touch again.

Anyways, it seems Allan has removed his Hibs background from his twitter profile and the various "sources" say that he's bound for Glasgow. Not that these sources can tell whether it is Ibrox or the Scumhut, mind you.

(You do wonder the difference in headlines should he sign for either team, BTW.)

And the different descriptions of him on here!

Scott Allan is singing for rangers today for £800,000.

There's been rumours about us signing him for £800,000 for days now, but I can't see us paying that much if we even sign him at all. In fact I'd be astonished and frightened in equal measures if we spent nearly a million on Allan given the Club's current financial realities.

This is a weird report:

http://www.newsnow.co.uk/A/779281031?-11344:801:0

Rangers confirm interest in Allan, Kiernan, Eustace

Mark Warburton has today confirmed official interest in John Eustace, Rob Kiernan and Scott Allan, with Kiernan understood to be undergoing a medical at Murray Park this lunchtime.

Allan today removed his current employers Hibernian from his Twitter account, near-verifying he will not be at Easter Road next season, with the battle for his signature coming down to a choice between Rangers and Celtic.

Eustace is also on Warburton’s radar, and the manager said this about the former Derby man:

"People like John Eustace are few and far between. We have just had a chat about him, no more than that."

On Allan he said:

“Scott Allan of Hibs is another one I've been alerted to.”

And on Rob Kiernan, who appears to be the furthest along, the boss had this to say:

"I'd like to bring Rob here he is a very talented player but as I say we are not at the end of the good negotiations. I know him very well from earlier in his career, technically gifted, six foot three inches. He was comfortable at Championship level down south and if we can get him, he would be a good addition."

He made no comment on Danny Wilson.

Posted by Ibrox Noise at 14:48

Firstly MW did mention Danny Wilson, specifically and secondly the truncated quote above skews the original which continued: ""Scott Allan of Hibs is another one I've been alerted to but he is just one of 100 players given to us and right now it's about us doing our homework and we have to create an environment here where talented players want to come and play for Rangers."

MW sounded keener on Wilson than Allen but this report gives the opposite impression.

Edited by SteveC
url