Rumours in Edinburgh....

Monty Python = Crown Jewels = Good for the People

Keith Jackson = Duff name = Good for nothing.

Can never understand folk getting excited about a paper exclusive with undercurrents that's supposed to make you wait for the next edition only to feel rather deflated.

Monty Python = Crown Jewels = Good for the People

Keith Jackson = Duff name = Good for nothing.

Can never understand folk getting excited about a paper exclusive with undercurrents that's supposed to make you wait for the next edition only to feel rather deflated.

Always got excited where Rangers are concerned.

Mark Warburton has insisted Rangers are still battling to pull together a deal for English veteran John Eustace.

The former Derby midfielder arrived in Glasgow with his father and agent for talks this week amidst expectations he would sign a deal with the Ibrox club.

Despite being shown around Murray Park and Ibrox, however, the 35-year-old returned south without signing terms.

Leeds United and Burnley are also reported to have an interest but Rangers boss Warburton says his club are still working hard to get their man.

‘We are making good progress,’ said the Englishman. ‘It’s about both parties coming together and meeting all the relevant points.

‘He is one of the players – they are few and far between – who have that experience to link it all together. Also off the pitch to add value and discipline to the squad and lead by example.

‘I don’t think there are that many players with that quality around. So we are working hard and hopefully it can come together.

‘If it does all well and good. If not then we have to keep looking.’

Warburton has already secured former Hearts skipper Danny Wilson and Wigan defender Rob Kiernan this week, but admits the Scottish Championship is a hard sell to players in the English market and beyond.

‘If you look at the first-team aspect, the first thing we have to do is use the loan market fairly well as well as the permanent signings,’ he continued.

‘That means getting young ones in who recognise the benefits of playing in front of 45,000 to 50,000 people.

‘The obvious negative I will throw at you is Scottish Championship football – but the benefits here far outweigh that.

‘So we have to get the players onboard and take the club forward as quick as we can. It’s as simple as that really.’

Rangers released 11 players after failing to win promotion to the SPFL Premiership, placing Warburton and assistant David Weir under pressure to build a team capable of going up this season.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3141226/Rangers-aim-deal-veteran-midfielder-John-Eustace.html#ixzz3eF91uFsN

Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Fredricks and Winks would be decent signings, but I'm not convinced loan signing are the way to go; It's hardly building for the future, is it? I'd much rather we got permanent signings.

Fredricks and Winks would be decent signings, but I'm not convinced loan signing are the way to go; It's hardly building for the future, is it? I'd much rather we got permanent signings.

Warburton himself says that the Scottish Championship is a hard sell to English players. We must get promotion this year, ergo loan signings are perfectly acceptable for now.

We have two more windows after this one to entice better players on a more permanent basis, before the real business starts against THEM.

Warburton himself says that the Scottish Championship is a hard sell to English players. We must get promotion this year, ergo loan signings are perfectly acceptable for now.

We have two more windows after this one to entice better players on a more permanent basis, before the real business starts against THEM.

That makes a lot of sense

Needs v Wants ............... !?

Priorities :-

- The assessment of our current squad players just back today, including an abundance of youth that needs a proper evaluation

- some players might just be turned around by our new management team, some may still leave, some may even be asked to leave

- finding/fielding a team that works, from what we have will make preseason games very interesting before our first two cup games

- even then we still have until 31st August to identify/bring players in on loan or permanent signings

(We still have a January window to bring in players before the end of the season too)

Our TEAM may look very different by the end of August or it may not but either way W&W have a lot of work to do between now and then. Bite your nails if you must but, please, let them get on with it ..................................they deserve our support.

Edited by Blinkyman