Confirmed: Danny Wilson signs 3 year deal

I'm trying to remember Danny Wilson's career.

He was a tim that we brought through the ranks

showed such good progress that we sold him to Liverpool for £2million to help fund the Jelavic deal

didn't get first team football on Merseyside and came back to join Hearts

Professional in the Kenny Miller mould I think

http://sport.stv.tv/football/clubs/rangers/1323421-danny-wilson-has-medical-at-rangers-ahead-of-deal-for-ibrox-return/

Former Hearts captain Danny Wilson is having a medical at Rangers ahead of sealing a return to Ibrox.

Wilson is at the club's Murray Park training centre as Mark Warburton closes in on a deal.

The 23-year-old decided to activate a get-out clause in his contract to leave the Tynecastle side this summer after leading them to the Championship title.

Wilson initially joined Hearts on loan in January 2013, before making his move permanent in the summer of 2013.

The Ibrox side are also set to announce the signing of Rob Kiernan after agreeing a fee with Wigan Athletic last week.

Earlier on Monday, Warburton had stressed the Championship side wouldn't be rushed into panic deals.

PS Yes, Admin, I know I post it on the transfer thread but it seemed to fit here given chilledbear's posts above.

Edited by SteveC
PS

showed such good progress that we sold him to Liverpool for £2million to help fund the Jelavic deal

We ended up with 5 million for him. We got 300k a game for his first 10 games. Might only have made it to 9 but I always thought he got the 10.

It was more than 2 million to Liverpool IIRC.

Clearly, when it comes to Wilson, you are a "glass half empty" kind of person.

How about remembering him as a young kid who broke through the ranks, played in the Champions League and didn't look out of place at all beside a host of internationalists. Made the central defensive spot beside Weir pretty much his own and performed so well for Rangers, particularly in the Champions League, that a renowned English Premier League Club, certainly top 6 club in the EPL, wanted to sign him for a multiple of millions (I thought the deal was 5 million but that could have been 2 plus add-ons).

Personally I find it churlish that the Club are looking at bringing in players of a decent standard (would you prefer McCulloch back there to Danny Wilson ??), still young and able to develop, having played their part (indeed as Captain) of a team that won a league we could only finish third in, strengthening a position which clearly needs it.... and we look for only the negative.

The Club just can't win sometimes.

http://sport.stv.tv/football/clubs/rangers/1323421-danny-wilson-has-medical-at-rangers-ahead-of-deal-for-ibrox-return/

Former Hearts captain Danny Wilson is having a medical at Rangers ahead of sealing a return to Ibrox.

Wilson is at the club's Murray Park training centre as Mark Warburton closes in on a deal.

The 23-year-old decided to activate a get-out clause in his contract to leave the Tynecastle side this summer after leading them to the Championship title.

Wilson initially joined Hearts on loan in January 2013, before making his move permanent in the summer of 2013.

The Ibrox side are also set to announce the signing of Rob Kiernan after agreeing a fee with Wigan Athletic last week.

Earlier on Monday, Warburton had stressed the Championship side wouldn't be rushed into panic deals.

PS Yes, Admin, I know I post it on the transfer thread but it seemed to fit here given chilledbear's posts above.

I think this is past the rumour stage and thus open for discussion in it's own right.

When I thought he was going to the other mob on a free I was pretty gutted to be honest , Wilson is fast , has great positional play and can pass and score goals , so you can imagine how happy I am right now .

Some people need to see what the new management team are trying to do , it's something we were calling out for three wasted years ago , get real guys , this is a great bit of business if it goes through

We ended up with 5 million for him. We got 300k a game for his first 10 games. Might only have made it to 9 but I always thought he got the 10.

I don't know the specifics for appearances in the deal we did with Liverpool, but as I said last week, he's still only 23 and he's played 25 games for Rangers, 8 for Liverpool, 10 for Blackpool and 84 for Hearts.

That's a young player who's gained a lot of experience, so it would be a real coup to bring him back on a free transfer, although obviously there's going to be signing & agents fees incurred if he signs.