Willie Henderson urges McCoist to 'give something back'

Rangers’ legend Willie Henderson today condemned former manager Ally McCoist in the first public criticism by anyone connected to Rangers of the ex-boss’s “Gardening Leave” status.

Henderson, who spent 12 years at Ibrox in the 60s and 70s, was blunt in chastising McCoist’s refusal to resign and insistence on taking the remainder of his wage.

He said:

“This Club’s been very good to you, Ally, you’ve earned a huge amount of money out of it. I think it would be nice for the fans if they saw Ally give just a wee bit back to the Club. I think it would augur well for himself.”

McCoist has already rejected chairman Dave King’s request that he waive his salary, and appears quite content to wait the remainder out.

Unfortunately for Ally, few support him in this and now the former legendary striker appears to have permanently sullied his legacy and will be remembered for greed and not goals.

http://www.ibroxnoise.co.uk/2015/06/willie-henderson-urges-mccoist-to-give.html

Ally McCoist grabs another record all to himself.

Rangers legend, first ever to screw the club and their fans.

Giving something back would be nice as Henderson suggests, but it would take giving every single penny back to convince me.

If he came out tomorrow and said "I would like to make it known I have another job and no longer intend to honour my contract at Rangers" then I'd still say he played his cards all wrong.

But he won't do that anyway.

Edited by Bearman

People should not be harassed into giving up there wages.

While I agree It is a hangover from the Green period. The sad thing is it makes it look like Ally sold his soul to the devil for the golden buck.

Green knew he had to get Ally onside and he did,

A possible route out of this for Ally would be to hand his shares to the RST or the like, no ifs and buts.

On a sidenote, quite a few will remember this behaviour for years to come when his name comes up. Still, hardly anyone speaks about John Greig's rather ill-fated managerial career, whereas he is regarded as the Greatest Ranger Ever. In five years time, Ally McCoist will be the greatest ever Rangers striker, one who was a main driving force in NIAR et al.

A possible route out of this for Ally would be to hand his shares to the RST or the like, no ifs and buts.

On a sidenote, quite a few will remember this behaviour for years to come when his name comes up. Still, hardly anyone speaks about John Greig's rather ill-fated managerial career, whereas he is regarded as the Greatest Ranger Ever. In five years time, Ally McCoist will be the greatest ever Rangers striker, one who was a main driving force in NIAR et al.

In fives years time Ally will still be a failed Rangers manager.

You are completely misunderstanding the situation if you think this is just about McCoist's inability as a manager. The situations do not seem comparable either given John Greig won cups and got to the European Cup quarter final.

In fives years time Ally will still be a failed Rangers manager.

His inability as manager isn't something he can do much about. Everything else though he can like remaining in charge years too long, taking such a comical English Premiership salary, trying to hide his wages, STILL taking his English Premiership salary as we struggle to get by month to month. McCoist is no friend of ours, he should be viewed with contempt.