Mark Warburton gets down to business at Rangers and warns players...

Every time Mark Warburton opens his mouth it fills me with even more confidence. This is what we needed 10 years ago never mind 3 years ago. The guy is a breath of fresh air and I love the fact he has zero connection with Scotland, Rangers, The Media et all. IMO he will be the most important signing Rangers have made since they brought in Souness nearly 30 years ago. And as much as I hate to bring up the whole McCoist thing, I get the impression that by doing the simple things properly, this guy is only going to highlight how badly we have been managed on the field over the last few years. As if we didn't know already

Edited by BlackSocksRedTops

All this talk of hard work,desire,attitude etc, I wonder who will be the first player to cross the line and suffer the W&W wrath?:)

If one player crosses that line they will feel the wrath of the supporters as well. It won't be like Ferguson v Le Guen 2.

Every time Mark Warburton opens his mouth it fills me with even more confidence. This is what we needed 10 years ago never mind 3 years ago. The guy is a breath of fresh air and I love the fact he has zero connection with Scotland, Rangers, The Media et all. IMO he will be the most important signing Rangers have made since they brought in Souness nearly 30 years ago. And as much as I hate to bring up the whole McCoist thing, I get the impression that by doing the simple things properly, this guy is only going to highlight how badly we have been managed on the field over the last few years. As if we didn't know already

A new approach was attempted when Le Guen was appointed. Let's hope that this move is given more of a chance than back then.

A new approach was attempted when Le Guen was appointed. Let's hope that this move is given more of a chance than back then.

Agreed but I think there is a marked difference. When PLG came in we were still relatively successful (despite McLeish's last season). He came in to maintain the challenge to Celtic and win the league. Warburton's remit is somewhat different due to where we find ourselves after 3/4 horrid years. He has to rebuild our entire system and philosophy as well as get us promoted. There is no point in getting promoted without a long term plan and foundation for success in the top league. That's the problem Ally had (amongst many tbh). It was short termism at it's worst. There was no long term vision

I feel like this is a dream! We've waited so long for this! Can it really happen though? Have we rooted out enough of the squad who like the holiday camp? I really feel like this is in a new beginning, and I'm pleased that we would potentially sign a new captain. I really like Lee Wallace, but we need something new for a while, for a boost. He should be second in command, but I don't think captaincy suits him at the moment.

All this good news is a wee bit overwhelming,everyone is getting excited for the season to start.After all that we have been through these last few years it appears we are eventually starting to restore our great club,the added bonus being that all the excitement we Rangers fans are feeling means the pain of all the Rangers haters are feeling is increased!.

Agreed but I think there is a marked difference. When PLG came in we were still relatively successful (despite McLeish's last season). He came in to maintain the challenge to Celtic and win the league. Warburton's remit is somewhat different due to where we find ourselves after 3/4 horrid years. He has to rebuild our entire system and philosophy as well as get us promoted. There is no point in getting promoted without a long term plan and foundation for success in the top league. That's the problem Ally had (amongst many tbh). It was short termism at it's worst. There was no long term vision

If Warburton fails to gain promotion in his first season, a large section of the support will put pressure on the board to make changes. Long-term vision will go out the window.

As much as Warburton likes and expects hard work Im sure he is also the rewarding type and wont discourage the players maybe sitting at Murray park playing FIFA against each other after a hard training session or out on the golf course together that is organised by the club. He will want good morale.

All this good news is a wee bit overwhelming,everyone is getting excited for the season to start.After all that we have been through these last few years it appears we are eventually starting to restore our great club,the added bonus being that all the excitement we Rangers fans are feeling means the pain of all the Rangers haters are feeling is increased!.

Pardon my French but f**k the haters. I couldn't give a damn about them. Let's just concentrate on our own journey. Let's get our heads down and make sure we are ready for every challenge ahead by scoring as many goals as we can, winning as many games as we can by playing forward thinking progressive football. The rest will follow