Mark Warburton gets down to business at Rangers and warns players...

Beach training isn't that uncommon. It is great cardio and so much easier on the joints than training on the pitches. Used regularly here in Bermuda... but then we ARE surrounded by beaches.

Obviously ball-work would be a wee bit tough on the dunes though :D

A new approach was attempted when Le Guen was appointed. Let's hope that this move is given more of a chance than back then.

To be a good manager with new/different ideas, you have to also be good at change management and have a bit of commitment tot he task with a bit of backbone too. Otherwise you just end up being crap. Like Le Guen.

I don't think people get it. He's talking about high intensity sessions and working hard to make progress rather than length of time on the training field.

I really don't see the problem with a round of golf after all the necessary work has been done. It's low intensity exercise that could promote recovery, burns calories, focuses the mind, and keeps you competitive.

I do think that with the time they have, they could do more work in the briefing room and watching and discussing videos of other teams as well as of our own team.

But fitness is not a simple "more volume" thing.

I stay about 15 minutes from Gullane beach,so approx 1hour 30 minutes:)

yep.

turn up Sandy Loan to the carp park on the cliffs.

the beach sweeps round in white sand and blue water.

Go right, past the first headland.....another beach, and another....all the way to North Berwick

they disapprove of running on the dunes now. It destabilises them and alters the eco system

I don't think people get it. He's talking about high intensity sessions and working hard to make progress rather than length of time on the training field.

I really don't see the problem with a round of golf after all the necessary work has been done. It's low intensity exercise that could promote recovery, burns calories, focuses the mind, and keeps you competitive.

I do think that with the time they have, they could do more work in the briefing room and watching and discussing videos of other teams as well as of our own team.

But fitness is not a simple "more volume" thing.

I get it :D That was what I was saying.

It's a shame user "Super_Ally" is awol in Hong Kong or he would be able to give us a professional sports science view of how HIIT is far more beneficial than simply "slogging" for hours on end. That said, I wouldn't be averse to our players doing their regular training and then "in their spare time" practicing set pieces or dead-ball situations.

I remember reading Goram's biography and he speaks of how Beckham would drag him out onto the pitch for a couple of hours AFTER training so that Beckham could hit a couple hundred free kicks at him as he wanted to improve on his already excellent free kick abilities. I found a new level of respect for Beckham after reading Goram's biography - Beckham clearly wanted to work hard on perfecting his game.

Beach training isn't that uncommon. It is great cardio and so much easier on the joints than training on the pitches. Used regularly here in Bermuda... but then we ARE surrounded by beaches.

Obviously ball-work would be a wee bit tough on the dunes though :D

I did a fair bit of beach training when I used to learn Taekwondo at Dundee Uni and it was really tough, but eventually very rewarding in terms of fitness. The toughest exercise was being told to run for as long as you could almost knee deep in water because getting your legs up out of the water was torture. :D

That said, I wouldn't be averse to our players doing their regular training and then "in their spare time" practicing set pieces or dead-ball situations.

That's what fans get pissed off about when they hear that the players don't actually do much training or personal practice then turn up on matchdays and struggle to do the basics like free kick takers constantly hitting the wall and corner kick takers regularly hitting the first man.

I did a fair bit of beach training when I used to learn Taekwondo at Dundee Uni and it was really tough, but eventually very rewarding in terms of fitness. The toughest exercise was being told to run for as long as you could almost knee deep in water because getting your legs up out of the water was torture. :D

probably the best exercise without impacting joints is swimming.

I remember Charlie Nicholas saying when he went to Aberdeen they made him swim a lot to get him fit and he said it worked