Mark Warburton gets down to business at Rangers and warns players...

I really don't see the problem with a round of golf after all the necessary work has been done. It's low intensity exercise that could promote recovery, burns calories, focuses the mind, and keeps you competitive.

I don't think anyone should have an issue with certain players (or managerial staff) having a round of golf in the evening, but I think a culture probably developed at the Club whereby shorter daylight hours from Autumn to Spring led to really short training sessions during the day so that everyone could bugger off and do what they wanted at lunchtime.

Muirhead is an absolute bellend.

He tried to get an "exclusive" for scotzine when I managed to get a 5yr partnership between Rangers and my wee club here in Bermuda (our boys were on a double page spread in the ET and also made the Record at the time for Rangers forging relationships overseas).

I told the Club Executive (our Club, North Village) after he emailed us that under no circumstances should we even entertain this guy as he was very, very anti-Rangers. Thankfully the rest of the Executive agreed.

I get it :D That was what I was saying.

It's a shame user "Super_Ally" is awol in Hong Kong or he would be able to give us a professional sports science view of how HIIT is far more beneficial than simply "slogging" for hours on end. That said, I wouldn't be averse to our players doing their regular training and then "in their spare time" practicing set pieces or dead-ball situations.

I remember reading Goram's biography and he speaks of how Beckham would drag him out onto the pitch for a couple of hours AFTER training so that Beckham could hit a couple hundred free kicks at him as he wanted to improve on his already excellent free kick abilities. I found a new level of respect for Beckham after reading Goram's biography - Beckham clearly wanted to work hard on perfecting his game.

Apparently Cantona would regularly just wander off doing keepy-uppies for an hour or two after training.