I'm not sure how many signings we are expecting from a guy who has only been in charge for two weeks - especially as he has 11 players that have left. The squad he inherited, aside from being pish, is fewer in numbers than we had after the TUPE (or at least very close to it).

So 68 full time players. That's a lot. I do love this no players after tupe myth.

Agree that he never looked like scoring the same number.....but why is that???

There has been a lot going on (with the football side) over the last few years that appears to make players worse. Boyd - banging in goals for Kilmarnock.....signs for us terrible. Law - up for SPL player of the year....signs for us, bad to passable (at most). Clark - banging in goals for QoS, then struggles for us. Shiels, Black & Temps are other examples of players that have previously played well, then sign for us and suffer a noticeable downturn in form.

Hopefully MW & DW can turn this around and start getting the most out of players & actually making players that we have better.

Clark was released by Aberdeen. Scoring goals in the third tier of Scottish football doesn't count for anything.

Whilst the players you mentioned were no doubt affected by very poor management, they weren't that great to begin with. We have seen endless players go to both sides of the old firm and sink without a trace.

Edited by Ser Barristan Selmy

So 68 full time players. That's a lot. I do love this no players after tupe myth.

So you would include youths then ? I'm not one to suggest we had no players after TUPE, far from it.

However, using the number 68 is ingenious too - because it MUST include kids who were on youth contracts. Full time yes, but none of us would have been expecting the Club to field a team full of 16 and 17 yr olds.

Either way, that is a discussion for a different thread I think, otherwise this one gets derailed in a hurry.

So you would include youths then ? I'm not one to suggest we had no players after TUPE, far from it.

However, using the number 68 is ingenious too - because it MUST include kids who were on youth contracts. Full time yes, but none of us would have been expecting the Club to field a team full of 16 and 17 yr olds.

Either way, that is a discussion for a different thread I think, otherwise this one gets derailed in a hurry.

Your right but it also included as many internationals as 16 year olds I expect.

Clark was released by Aberdeen. Scoring goals in the third tier of Scottish football doesn't count for anything.

Whilst the players you mentioned were no doubt affected by very poor management, they weren't that great to begin with. We have seen endless players go to both sides of the old firm and sink without a trace.

Clark was scoring for fun in the league that we got promoted to, then virtually nothing. Playing against the same teams/players, with a supposedly "better" team & infrastructure.....his scoring record when he since he joined us compared to QoS is VERY valid!!!

Clark was scoring for fun in the league that we got promoted to, then virtually nothing. Playing against the same teams/players, with a supposedly "better" team & infrastructure.....his scoring record when he since he joined us compared to QoS is VERY valid!!!

We have seen this happen a lot at the old firm though. Look at Celtic, they signed Derek Riordan, who was the third highest goalscorer in SPL history, and he scored 5 goals in 2 seasons for Celtic.

Yes Clark should have done better but he's a poor player and we need much better.

I'm willing to defer final judgment on all our remaining players, until we see what a decent fitness regime, some youthful competition and a tactically aware coach does for them.

I suspect that many do indeed fall short of the required quality, but we'll see.

Foderingham looks like a good addition; young, highly thought of. He seems to have a temper, as I read about him kicking a water bottle after Di Canio subbed him. Not a bad thing from a 'keeper I think.

Bell/Kelly/Foderingham

Wabara/McGregor - Kiernan/Zaliukus - Wilson/Gasparotto - Wallace

Eustace - Murdoch/Crawford

Walsh/Gallagher - Law/Shiels - Templeton/McKay

Clark/Miller/Hardie

Even with Eustace, which is still not done, our midfield and whole forward line (ST, RW, AM, LW) is still lacking. Are we being linked with any attacking/forward players? I can only think of Halliday and May...?

We're definitely short of suitable attacking players but I suspect we may be waiting until English teams finalise their squads before we attempt to bring infringe/youth players from there.

Creative and attacking players do tend to cost a bit more.