Over 33,000 Season books now sold!!

The problem as I see it is that we live in the technological age.... which also so happens to be an informational age. You can use the internet to source information on pretty much anything and anyone.

So we have people who will simply refuse to believe that anything is being done to better the Club.... simply because there has been no statement about it from the Club. We want information and we want it NOW.... and we want it constantly. That is those folks prerogative obviously. And they are perfectly at liberty to demand it.

Then we have some people (I will readily admit to being in this camp myself) that will allow them time to properly assess the totality of operations surrounding the Club, prioritise, consult with experts, and then put plans in place. I am comfortable waiting for 3 or 4 months to see what the Share Issue Prospectus says in terms of expected investment plus what the allocation of those funds will be going to.

In my daily life I have seen our Board of Directors take fully 3 YEARS to make a strategic decision because, in some instances, you need to consider unintended consequences as well as look at every alternative. Admittedly it isn't in the world of football. However, much of the rules still apply.

Should we be skeptical of the new Board ? Absolutely. I would be disappointed if we weren't after the last 3 years we have had to suffer. Should we afford them the time to get the Prospectus done such that we have proper, suitable, and enough funding for the Club's future ? I think so. This is primarily why I am prepared to wait until the end of November before I will start to be too concerned (yes, that is 5 months as opposed to the "3-4 months" that Dave King spoke of in terms of share issue, but some things also need flexibility, so I will give them additional one month before getting antsy).

Given what we have suffered over the last 3 years I am comfortable enough with the current custodians and where their interests lie and where their loyalty is. They have time from me to prove or disprove me.

I'm not even bothered by the fact we are signing cheap players or free players. Some of us need to decide what we actually want... we should want to be self-sufficient, history has taught us that boom and bust really doesn't work for us. So getting Championship players in for cheap and on reasonable wages is the market in which we operate..... for now.

Even getting a scouting network in place overseas won't necessarily happen overnight (yes, they have had more time than that, I know). You need to make sure you have the right people, people who can actually spot talent. I am sure the Club could have just employed someone in a dozen different countries within a couple of weeks coming of coming to power - but would they be the right people ? in the right countries ? Yes, I am disappointed that the scouting department doesn't seem to have been developed yet - but I do take comfort in the fact that both Kind and Weir have talked about it in the recent past - on public record, which means they know that people will be holding them accountable for getting that in place, and fairly soon.

There are most definitely aspects of the current Board and their operations which people can have cause for concern, or gripe, about. But, IMHO, the single biggest decision that they had to make they went out and made a somewhat "out of the box" appointment in getting Warburton. I don't have too much doubt that Warburton would have been a fairly hot commodity in England after what he did at Brentford - but our Board got him. Most of our fans seemed happy at that appointment. Most of our fans seemed happy that we appear to have moved away from the "jobs for the boys" mentality. So this Board have got the biggest decision right thus far.

They have the biggest decision right. Have they made any bad decisions thus far ? Not that I can see. Do they lack transparency ? Yes, and that seems to be a big issue (as is expected). Have they lacked urgency in repairing the Club ? Some will say yes, others (folks such as me) will suggest that perhaps they are being methodical rather than scatter-gun.

We should remain healthily skeptical of the new Board - they need to be held accountable, and I am sure they are happy for that to be the case. But they also should be allowed the flexibility and time to get the job done. Just because we haven't heard about it, doesn't mean things aren't happening (I am the Treasurer of my kid's team here in Bermuda and whilst on a much smaller scale.... you have no idea the number of times I hear "you lot on the Board aren't doing this or doing that - or you should be thinking about doing this or that" - and guess what..... pretty much every single time something has been mentioned..... it has already been something discussed at Board level and being put in place - but we prefer to "get it done" before announcing it....)

The answer to all of this is a simple one...... TIME WILL TELL.

Some of this comes across to me like people who are used to going to KFC, then go to a decent restaurant and then start causing a fuss because their main course has taken more than 5 minutes to come out... They don't get that just because others have approved of the starter, and are happy to wait a reasonable time for the main, it doesn't mean they are not discerning. They may even be willing to wait an extra bit of time if the meal is complex, or the place busy, and will even forgive a bit of lateness if the course is exceptional. But that doesn't mean they won't complain if it's takes an hour and is relatively mediocre.

What some people don't do is complain before there is anything to actually complain about. People that do that, tend to spoil the meal.

Even getting a scouting network in place overseas won't necessarily happen overnight (yes, they have had more time than that, I know). You need to make sure you have the right people, people who can actually spot talent. I am sure the Club could have just employed someone in a dozen different countries within a couple of weeks coming of coming to power - but would they be the right people ? in the right countries ? Yes, I am disappointed that the scouting department doesn't seem to have been developed yet - but I do take comfort in the fact that both Kind and Weir have talked about it in the recent past - on public record, which means they know that people will be holding them accountable for getting that in place, and fairly soon.

As far as I understand it, we still don't have a single scout at senior level, which there is no excuse for. I read somewhere that we have been freelancing Neil Murray, surely that's not correct?

You directly mentioned the previous incumbents in a comparative manner when you said "if the previous incumbents had similarly failed to tackle the numerous problems that exist, with stories changing from one interview to the next, they would have been rightly slaughtered for it", so I didn't put words in your mouth at all. Let's not get bogged down in semantics though because it was perfectly clear what you meant.

I'll try to be clearer here to save any possibility of confusion. It's ridiculous that you talk about the previous incumbents in that way when what they actually did was CREATE numerous problems and not tackle the ones which existed, whereas the new board are actively trying to tackle the problems created by those very same previous incumbents.

As for people chosing a 'side', it's high bloody time they did. Most of us aren't blind or daft, but plenty of people fell for Charles Green's bullshit and lies while he and his cronies were planning their blue pound pension funds and setting up contracts that are the worst commercial contracts our Club could have gotten, even under the circumstances. So is it a bad thing for folk to side with guys like Dave King & Dougie Park & co when it's almost a certainty that for once we have people in charge who actually care about the Club and will put the Club's interests before their own? I know where my loyalty is and I'm perfectly comfortable chosing a side when I know it's the right side.

Wallace was ridiculed because he took over 4 months to come up with a business review which was practically a waste of time because the majority of it's content could have been written by any of us free of charge and we don't need to be told what we already know as if we're a bunch of simpletons. The hard work behind the scenes shouldn't be based on shitty reviews and piles of moonbeams, so the 'where's yur plan Dave' and 'where's yur money Dave' brigade need to wake up and give us all peace. There's a massive amount of work to be done, we all know that and the guys in the boardroom know it more than anyone. The Club's ownership and management structure has changed for the better and most supporters are willing to trust that the new board will do it's best to do what needs to be done in the best interests of the Club.

You accused me of being facetious earlier on in the thread because I posted "shut up and be grateful". Now you more or less tell me to do just that.

The "we want it now" brigade are simply piping up to try to discredit King.

King is doing well enough discrediting himself by constantly changing the script. I would have absolutely no problem with him if I could trust him to match his words with deeds.

Just passing on information received.

A mate's niece is currently working in the Ticket Office, as of lunchtime today, season ticket sales total a tad above 26,500. Expectations of being just north of 30,000 by end of month. If we settle in and around 35,000 by end of August, I would consider the drive to be successful.

Attractive football would temp more back to the habit, I'm sure.

You accused me of being facetious earlier on in the thread because I posted "shut up and be grateful". Now you more or less tell me to do just that.

I should've just used your "shut up and be grateful" line instead. :D

Just passing on information received.

A mate's niece is currently working in the Ticket Office, as of lunchtime today, season ticket sales total a tad above 26,500. Expectations of being just north of 30,000 by end of month. If we settle in and around 35,000 by end of August, I would consider the drive to be successful.

That's excellent news. To have sold about another 4,000 tickets since yesterday morning is superb!